Sunday, September 15, 2013

The First Meal...

Well, I did it!  I cooked my first meal for Brad.....  Only took 61 days folks.  Brad would say it was well worth it and that my next meal I prepare will probably be mid-December!!  Haha - Hopefully not, but could possibly happen.....

Back up to our Dallas Engagement Party in March...  What a GREAT night that was!  I undoubtedly had the best hostesses EVER;  Tara, Stephanie, Lydia, Lori, Lisa, Lindley, Jeaneal, and Carrie!  What a great and BEAUTIFUL group of girls!  



Lisa, hostess extraordinaire, decided to gather tons of recipes from family members and friends and put together a cook book for me.  I WAS FLOORED at the amount of work and TIME she put into this book.  It is JAMMED PACKED full of everything you can imagine; appetizers, soups, cocktails, main dishes, side dishes, holiday meals, desserts, and etc....  A.Ma.Zing.....  Thanks Lisa!  So I pulled out the handy-dandy cookbook yesterday to prep for "the meal".  

The Hostess with the Mostess!

SO here is what I went with from THE cookbook of all cookbooks!
 
Caprese salad to start off with (our FAVE!), Lisa's Honey Ginger Salmon with Mom's Cheesy Corn Bake, Asparagus with feta, Foccacia Bread (from Albertson's - I am not that good) and last but not least, Lindsey's Warm Hershey's Deep Dish Brownies with Blue Bell Cookies and Cream Ice Cream (Brad's fave)!

Here is the chef and all the recipes I used!

The finished PRODUCT!  I was a proud wife....("About time" - Brad probably thought!)

Brad had already dug in pre-pic!


Anyone need some Cheesy Corn Bake... We have some leftovers. 
The gym is NOW calling.  Ugh....  AM still full! 
 

Happy Sunday Everyone.  Have a great week - Mom and Dad fly in Friday!  Cannot wait to see them....

Love All~


H

No comments:

Post a Comment