Monday, September 23, 2013

Lost Luggage, Swamp, Fried Dough and Tears...

It is 7:00 pm the Monday after the parents left.  Still.in.mourning.....  And my eyes are feeling it -

Mom and Dad arrived Friday evening without any luggage!  BUT I DIDN'T care!!!  I was just happy to hear them walk through my door!  I was ELATED....  Mom swears that Dad was chatting it up with the Southwest worker at the airport in Amarillo, and she forgot to put the "transfer" tag on their suitcase.  (For those of you that know Steve (man of few words) - I thought this was quite funny)....  Usually it is Sharon that will strike up a random conversation with anyone or anything, but Steve-O must be turning a new leaf.... (Never say never!)

We were then off to dinner and the luggage came about 10:30 that night!  Mom was happy....

Saturday was a full day!  Breakfast at a cute, little quaint restaurant in downtown Covington - Mattina Bella.  Omelettes, Belgian waffles, bacon, toast and etc....  It was DELISH!

Mattina Bella

 Pretty cute couple if you ask me!


 So I come out of the bedroom in no make-up, my Master's cap and sweats and Mom looks like she is going on a dinner date.  Great - Thanks mom!  It was RAINING for Pete's sake!


 DELISH!

After breakfast, we drove around and showed them the sights of the burbs.  We drove by my elementary school and different neighborhoods Brad and I adore taking it all in....

We then set out on our 45 minute trek to our Swamp Tour!

Can I just say that my father was in HOG HEAVEN!  He was disappointed that the Swamp People cast were not driving our swamp boat, but he settled for "Mike".  Mike, our fabulous guide, had the thickest Louisiana accent I have come across in the two months I have resided here.  W.o.w people - I am talking THICK....  What a fun hour and a half tour!  The weather was GREAT!  Rainy, misty and perfect for the "feel" of the swamp!

 Mike....

A little snack of a hotdog wienie!

They also loved marshmallows!  
Dad in heaven.... He did have a question or 26 for poor Mike!
Fun afternoon!  

After the movie we headed to dinner and then to the movies!  Listen up people....  This movie is a MUST-SEE:



I might have only seen 3/4 of the movie because my eyes were shut tighter than they ever have been and Brad might have nail mark scars in his right forearm until he turns 80, BUT I am telling you - A.m.a.z.i.n.g!!!!  We all 4 loved it...  And still trying to figure out some of the characters and plots!  (It is 2.5 hours long, but it feels like an hour.)  If you are looking for a light-hearted, fun, relaxing movie - this is NOT IT!  I felt like I had run a marathon afterwards and Brad had to check the lock on our bedroom twice before I went to bed that night....  He was thrilled.

Sunday, aka GameDay around here, had arrived.  Up and out the door at 8:00 to make our Starbuck's stop before heading south.  Mom was like a little kid waiting for Christmas morning.  SO much anticipation!  She knew she was headed to her first Cafe Du Monde experience!

Waiting in line for a short bit! BUT so worth it - 
Did she like them you might ask?  I'll let the pictures do the talking....
Before the inhalation .... Sugar anyone?  Good lord!
Pre-bite

 Mid-Bite

Final bite.... 
Savoring the taste!

Complete SUCCESS!  Nothing is better than fried dough with sugar!  Complete with her BFF, her Diet DP!


Oh Dad - Being "funny!"  He made sure to tell us that they were completely overrated, but he sure did INHALE and I said inhaled all three of his beignets..... Hmm?

After the Cafe Du Monde experience, we walked around the French Quarter for a while window shopping and people watching and then headed to the game!  

The game was so much fun!  I forgot to take any pictures in the suite, but we had a great time - Brad and Dad talked football while Mom and I sat on the front row chatting about non-football topics (school, wedding pictures, MeMe, jewelry, wedded life, babies, how many calories Dad had consumed at that point in the day, etc.). We did do some people watching and cheered on the Saints!

After the game, we took Mom and Dad to the Hilton Airport to be able to catch their 6:30 am flight today.  As soon as we pulled into the front of the hotel, the tears started to form and the lump in the back of my throat was there.  I did my DARNDEST and tried to hold them back....  By the time we all four were inside the lobby, standing there, I was pretty much in hysterics....  People may have been staring.  Oh well.  Yep real mature you may think.  This is NOTHING new.  I pretty much cry every time I leave my Mom.  Painful yes, but I haven't experienced child birth yet.  It wouldn't matter if I lived 30 minutes from home or 15 hours from home, the tears are always a guarantee.  (Cody and Slade used to take bets, but they learned it's pretty much worthless).  

After I somewhat composed myself on our way home, Brad told me he had a solution!  I was THRILLED!  Moving back to TX closer to everyone, Mom and Dad were moving here, we won the lottery and he was holding out telling me..... WHAT??!?!?!?!?!

He said sarcastically...  "Your parents have a basement.  We could move in."  

Real funny babe.  Brad got punched.  
Love my Mom and Dad, but that's a recipe for disaster.  Dad would love for Brad to move right on in - A third male buddy in our family.   But he would kill me!:)

What a fabulous weekend with three of the most important people in my life.  Just what I needed to recharge and start a new week! 

Have a great week all~

H







No comments:

Post a Comment