Monday, September 9, 2013

Go (Geaux) Saints!

9-8-2013.... 

I just thought it was an ordinary fall Sunday, BUT not around here people.  You cannot even imagine the days leading up to the Saints home opener against the Falcons.  Cars shoe polished, Saints flags hanging out of every car in St. Tammany Parish, Saints loot in every business you walk into, and just an incredible spirit in the air!  I am talking SUPERFANS here in Louisiana....  Men, women, children, old, young, babies, dogs, cats, etc. - EVERYONE is decked out in their black and gold.  

I have been to my fair share of Cowboy Games, but I am sorry, game day in Dallas vs. game day in the "Dome" - There is absolutely NO comparison at all.  NONE, ZILCH, NOTTA!  These people ooze passion, love and loyalty for this team. I felt like in Dallas it was a serious fashion show.  Like, what and who you were wearing, who you were with, the higher the heels the better - you get the point!  Don't get me wrong, Cowboy Games are fun, but Saints games are like fun on CRACK...

And we are off!  Left at 8:30 for a noon game...  These two Texans have to soak it all in!

Heading to the "city".....

Yes folks...  This is my awesome purse for the game.  The NFL has changed the whole "purse" rule this season.  The choices - A clear, Ziploc bag, a Clear Saints backpack or a small 4.5 by 6.5 inch clutch.  What girl has a clutch that small??  NOT this one. What a complete beat-down.  So there you have it, I traded in the Louis Vuitton for the fashionable Ziploc.  "A lot cheaper", Brad had to chime in.  Ziploc complete with powder, lip gloss, lip liner, gum, my bff the pick, and my other bff - My hairspray.  Don't leave home without those two.

Brunch at Bourbon House before the game...

Didn't know the Pope drank Miller Light?


Crazy energy!  So exciting....



Pre-Game! 


Thank you Progressive Waste...  Wouldn't be here without you! (And Brad:)


Thanks Saints for a super fun day and my first home opener.  Still trying to figure out the local lingo, such as "Who Dat!", but I am learning.
 
Great job and can't wait for the next game in two weeks with Mom and Dad!  Woohoo!!!!
 
 
Have a great week!
 
Love All~
 
H

 


No comments:

Post a Comment