Sunday, September 29, 2013

Rest, Meal #2 and 4-Day Countdown...

What a long week last week was!  I don't know what was going on, but the 5 days of last week felt like an absolute eternity...  

Brad has been working 12+ hour days, so I know that didn't help... Poor guy - Leaves at 4:30-5:00 am some days to get to the office, aka garbage yard and is hopefully home by 8:00 pm.  Never thought or talked much about "trash" during my pre-Brad days, but now it is a daily conversation.  And when you are married to the boss, the trash talk never ends... on and on....  forever.  So I was happy we really had no plans this weekend.  

Saturday we took some of his managers and their spouses to a DELICIOUS restaurant about 20 minutes away in Lacombe called Sal and Judy's!  It was to die for.  Kind of a hole in the wall, Italian place.  Had a great night meeting some of Brad's co-workers that he basically lives with up at the office!

It kind of reminds me of some place you would see on "My Big Fat Greek Wedding"  Maybe it is the pink stucco?


Sunday was a day of church, brunch, the dreaded grocery store run, a nap, and getting ready for a SHORT 4-day week ahead.  I am loving St. Tammany - We are out for Parish Fair on Friday.  Don't ask me what the Parish Fair is, entails, the location of it, etc.... All I know is that teachers do not have to be at school!  WOOHOO - 

AND meal #2 last week - Another success!  I am totally impressed with myself.  

Homemade Margherita Pizza....  

http://www.thekitchn.com/easy-recipe-classic-margherita-pizza-recipes-from-the-kitchn-174103


You know our love for tomato, mozzarella and basil runs thick here in the Waincott household so I thought; I can do a PIZZA!  I will admit, that I bought the crusts (thank you Boboli).  But I MADE the sauce.  Again - I made the sauce folks!!  I was a tad concerned when the pizza sauce looked a tad hot pink/orange when it came out of the food processor, but it was tasty!

Brad loved it and is still alive, so win-win situation for all!  I will definitely make this pizza again...


 So yummy! (Ignore the hot-pinkness)

Heather - 1
Pan - 0

Oops!  Even lined the pan with foil.  I apologize if this was your shower gift!  Still is great; just has a "vintage" look now.

Have a great week everyone...  Headed to Dallas on Thursday and SO EXTREMELY EXCITED to see all my Dallas gang/brother, sis-in-law and sweet Marlowe, eat some real Tex-Mex (have not had any since June), and to celebrate the recent nuptials of our sweet friends Joe and Danna!
Cannot.wait.to.be.in.TX -



Love All~


H





 


No comments:

Post a Comment