Sunday, September 1, 2013

Happy Weekend!

This long weekend was much NEEDED....  What a crazy and long week last week was!

Brad's Christmas morning had finally arrived - FOOTBALL SATURDAY!  I agree - It was good to see "Herbie" aka Kirk Herbstreit back on at 8:00 am. (But seriously, what in the heck is up with the red hair? - Gag...)

Brad's view of the day...

Well hello there KK!  Nice win TECH!  Woohoo....  Fun to watch for obvious reasons!!



After we went to the gym and had breakfast, I left Brad sitting in front of the big screen, eyes glued to the screen and was off for a "Heather's Day of Beauty!"  And yes, that consisted of nails, pedicure and an hour long massage....  Oh pure heaven!  It was a great three hours of the mindless reading of  trash magazines, eavesdropping on LSU crazies asking for purple and yellow nail polish on alternating fingers, and listening to zen music while my new friend Destiny went to town on these horrid knots....  What a great day!

 The home of Destiny and her amazing hands....

But then I get home and my husband was starting dinner!  Oh I am so glad I married a great cook.  Our agreement is - He cooks and I do the dishes!  I'll take that any day.... (You all know how OCD I am, if he did the dishes - it would all have to be rearranged afterwards, so I'll just do it "right" the first time!)  

We are missing Hibiscus and Al Biernat's in Dallas, so Brad brought it to us!  Ribeyes, sauteed zuchinni and Kraft shells and cheese!  Don't judge - I love me some powdered cheese or in this case gloppy, thick, orange cheese that comes in a foil packet....  After that meal, I made it to half-time of the LSU - TCU game and was out!  (Sorry Frogs - I was pulling for you!)

 And Brad was persistent about putting the wine in one of his many decanters. 

Sunday consisted of church and brunch.  We are visiting different churches and boy - that is difficult!  So many things to consider.  I know we will end of where God wants us, just ready to find somewhere to get plugged in and involved!

Brunch was in the cutest, little old house on Tchefuncte River - The Waterfront Bistro.  I was chatting with a lady at the nail place a couple weeks ago (not the LSU nuts), and she said this place was a must-go!  She was right - It was very quaint and the food was amazing...  Pecan toasted french toast for me and spinach omelette with roasted potatoes for Brad. A couple of errands (Bed, Bath and Beyond - ugh) and then home to nap and work on school stuff - 





Amazing....

Tomorrow is Labor Day and couldn't be happier!  Hope everyone has a restful and fun Monday....


Love All~
H

 








No comments:

Post a Comment