Monday, October 28, 2013

When the Cat is Away......

This past weekend was so nice!  

On Friday, I went to happy hour with three teachers I work with this year - Cali, Sarah and Kelly....  We all happen to be NEW to Woodlake Elem., so we had so much fun talking about this new adventure....  BOY - Did we have some laughs!  Chips, salsa, and margs.  Perfecto!  It was a fabulous time and I could just KICK myself for NOT taking a picture!

Saturday was just a normal Saturday.  Started off with our two favorite things - the gym and Starbuck's.   After we got our coffee fix,  I made Brad stop by Hobby Lobby.  He was thrilled to say the least.....but the Christmas stuff was 40% off and we need a Christmas tree.  I was thinking "Great - We can get a pre-lit tree for about $200-300!" - BOY - Was I wrong?  Guess I have NEVER bought a Christmas tree?  The one we liked was $425.00 ON SALE....  As my Mom told me, "A Christmas tree is an investment Heather that will be around for a while", BUT $400 - Really? - 

Fifteen minutes later we walked out of the door with $21.00 of Christmas ornaments....

No tree folks, but we have some beautiful ornamments to hang somewhere....

The rest of Saturday was full of errands, and lots of FOOTBALL! - What a game Tech played!!!  I felt as though after watching that game, I had run a marathon....  CRAZY!  Bummer of an ending, but what a great game...

 Cody making a quick appearance at Norman.... 

Sunday Brad left for Dallas until Tuesday - Talk about totally bummed I couldn't go!  I "let" (kidding) him go to Dallas a day early to hang out with the guys and watch football all day before meetings began today.  I am pretty sure he was in fetal position, tears streaming down his face all day yesterday missing me, while in the midst of TV's, a plethora of football games, and his best buddies!  I am sure he looked something like this...... You think? :)


Feels a little weird him not being here.  I am a little sad...  This is the first time we have been a part since the big day in July.  The first seven months of dating he travelled two-three days a week and then when we got engaged he was already living here in LA full-time,  so we only saw each other every Thursday night-Monday morning...  And that was OK - I was busy working, planning a wedding, working on graduate school, etc... But now with having him here all the time, it is a tad strange and quiet!

BUT here are some small perks...... 

 Baking pointless things that Brad doesn't like....
Banana Bread.

Dinner one night

End of dinner...

Another dinner selection...  Healthy I know.

T.V Perks~

LIFETIME MOVIES...  I could watch this channel all day long! - (And I just might have yesterday!)

I know, I know...  But it's like a bad train wreck you cannot STOP watching!  Brad loathes this show and thinks it is the MOST ridiculous and self-absorbed show he has EVER seen.  I only watch it in the other bedroom when he is doing/watching something else.  BUT yesterday - TRH got to invade the LIVING ROOM!  Woo!

And last but not least, there was no football on yesterday.  After an all day marathon football day on Saturday, this girl needed a non-football day.  (I did flip back and forth to see the Saints updates - I promise!)

Ready for the hubs to return late tomorrow night!  Missing him....

One more single girl dinner tomorrow... Cereal, wine, popcorn, etc?


Have a great week all~

~H












 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment