Monday, October 7, 2013

The Big D.....

This past weekend Brad and I left on Thursday night for our long weekend in heaven, aka Dallas!  



Can you say complete ELATION to see family and friends?  It was a fast and furious weekend, staying at three different households in three nights!  WHEW - BUT we had to make all the rounds. 

We stayed with Cody, Christy and sweet lil Marlowe on Thursday night!  We got in late, so we had to wait until Friday morning to see this sweet, precious face! 


 Cannot get enough of those cheeks!

We had an amazing breakfast at the Fatted Calf in Rockwall.  YUMMY breakfast!  

Best.pancakes.ever.....

We walked around downtown Rockwall before heading to Dallas for the rest of the weekend.

Uncle Brad and Aunt Heda...
 
 Why does Marlowe always look like she is in sheer terror when I hold her?  Poor girl.  And I guess I thought I needed to "pump" up the hair a SMIDGE since I was back in TX!  GOOD LORD Heather....  You could have said something honey!


The best mommy and daddy!
 

My sweet sister-in-law Christy.  UM, did she really have a baby in June??  She looks great.

Brad and I headed to Dallas Friday afternoon.  He dropped me off at Lakewood, my old stomping grounds the past 6 years.  I was SO EXCITED to walk through those doors.  I kind of got nervous and nearly started tearing up (shocker) when I saw all my amazing ladies.  It was so surreal being in that school.  IT was like I was still teaching there, still upstairs - Room 206.  Well all except the (now) 5th graders screaming, "MISS HODGES - YOU ARE BACK!"  
 
I haven't heard that name since June 11th, 2013!  So thankful for that school and all the life-long friendships I have formed.  
 
But enough of school and onward to happy hour....  

Had such a great time at our 3 hour long happy hour!  What a fun time of catching up, story-telling and reminiscing....
 
Saturday, Brad had some much needed "boy" time with his buddies, televisions, football, beer, etc.... while I caught up with my sweet friends Carrie and Tara.  Carrie and I met up for lunch at Mi Cocina....  Was in DIRE need of some Tex-Mex.  Chris and precious little Camilla came along too!  That girl is too funny...  Talk about some personality:)
 

  Delicious brisket tacos...  The absolute best.

Saturday night was Joe and Danna's wedding party!  What a great time it was celebrating an amazing couple!  The party was in a high-rise in downtown Dallas.   The food, drinks and company were all fabulous!  
 
 The happy couple...


The other happy couple
 
 Progressive Waste's finest...

 More importantly - the wives... 

We stayed with Joe and Danna Saturday night at the new Casa De Renfroe!  They have a LOVELY new home in Frisco...  Thank you guys for letting us stay.

Sunday morning was brunch at Taverna - Brad's.favorite.brunch.spot.ever......  He loves this spot, so it was not a question where we were going Sunday morning.  Lydia and Ben, my favorite two Steph's, and Brad and I had a great time brunching, 'mimosaing', and laughing until tears were streaming down my face (happy tears of course).



A couple of Dallas "must" errands were run; Nordstrom's Rack, Northpark, Park Tavern, and one more Marlowe holding session and then we were off to the airport to catch our flight back to New Orleans.

 What a great trip it was!  Brad and I are so blessed with the best friends.  Dallas will always hold a special place in our hearts.  We loved seeing everyone, dining at our favorite restaurants, sitting in traffic (yes, I miss that), catching up with close friends, and being in the fast-paced, rat race atmosphere of Dallas....

Have a great week all!



~H





No comments:

Post a Comment