Monday, January 26, 2015

There is No One like Your Mom...

Love this saying I found...  (True in my life, minus the high school years.  Sharon would agree.:)

AND this one...

Well, last Friday finally came...  It was a day that I had been dreading all.week.long.  The day for my Mom to leave Louisiana and head back home to Texas.  It was seriously one of the worst days of my life...  I could barely keep my composure all day long on Friday.

I went and grabbed us lunch before Brad was coming home to load up the troops to take Bob to the airport.  And yes, this was my mom's last Louisiana meal request:

 Obviously, the Texas Panhandle hasn't caught on to Raising Cane's yet.  Mom could eat this 3-4 times a week I swear.  If she had to choose between a 5-star restaurant or Cane's, I am thinking Cane's might just win!

I walked in the house and said something to my Mom.  She didn't respond, and I thought she just didn't hear me or was totally ignoring me completely tired of hearing my voice for the past week!:)  I walked over to the couch and she was holding Ledger, staring at his sweet, sleeping self  just SOBBING....  It literally broke my heart (and still does thinking about it...)  I lost it.  The realization that this day had arrived was about more than we could deal with.  We both sat on the couch ugly crying, not saying a word to each other.  

Poor little Ledger probably thought... "Who are these crazies?"

The drive across the lake was the most silent ride with my mom that we have ever had.  I could hear her sniffling in the back seat, while silent tears rolled down my face as I stared out the window.  Poor Brad just kept driving in the silence, awkwardly checking his phone for some kind of disturbance... 

I turned around to check on Ledger (and Mom) and that is when it happened.  ALL HELL broke loose.  She gently grabbed my hand and we started heaving...  It was TERRIBLE.  The worst cry I have ever had... I felt like my heart was being ripped out of my chest.  Excruciating. (And I suffered through lots of break-ups in my 20's-early 30's.  This TRUMPS them all times a million times over:)  The heaving continued until we arrived at the dreaded 'Departure' drop-off at the airport...  The best and saddest hug I have ever received.  Heartbreak and anxiety consumed me.  Yes, I know she will be back soon, but it is so difficult being so far away from "your mom".  Especially now since their is a sweet, precious baby involved.  

My mother always knows what to do, and she does it with grace.  She is the strong one, the one who doesn't stress and over-react to situations.  She knows babies and their wants and needs like the back of her hand.  She is the one that I would ask 754 questions to the five days we were here at the house just staring at our new love and watching my new fave, "Kelly and Michael".  She was our chef for a week... homemade steak fingers to homemade chicken enchiladas with all the sides.  She did the laundry.  All three of ours...  Never knew how many outfit changes a baby could have in one day? Dear Lord!  

 Yep...  Dessert every night too! 


But more than all of that, she is my best friend, the one I look to for about everything.  Now instead of sitting across the room from her, I will now call her twice/three times a day for Ledger advice, questions about a recipe,  or just to chat and hear an adult voice.   We all three miss her like crazy, but knew it was time for her to go.  I think Dad was becoming extremely bored all alone at home and the new Wainscott Party of 3 needed to figure this out on our own, without live in help!:)  

And we have survived the past three days.  WOOHOO!  Saturday night was rough...I mean ROUGH!  We were both at a loss on what to do to calm and soothe the flailing-armed, high-pitched screaming alien that had overtaken our sweet, little Ledger's body!  From 6:30 pm to 12:34 am, when Brad sent me to bed...  it was non-stop fussiness, flailing, you name it...  As I was fast asleep dreaming of Ambien and ear plugs, Brad finally got him settled.  Thank the Lord.   Sunday was a breeze - (I am totally going to regret saying this.)   God has a funny sense of humor.  I am sure it was a test!


 I'm going to go ahead and say that Ledger's fussiness and high voltage scream session was due to Greta's rejection earlier last week.  You win some, you lose some buddy.

Sunday snoozing...

And last but not least...

 I love this so much....  Especially 'toon'.  Made my day!  Love my 3rd graders.

I know Ledger.  That's how Mommy feels about Mondays too.

Hope everyone has a great week and I hope Brad is ready to chat when he gets home.  Only so much you can say to a 2-week old with not getting a response in return for 10+ hours!

Love,


~H



No comments:

Post a Comment