Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Ledger - 1 Mommy - 0...

Well, we are 21 days in the books.  The time has flown by.  L is getting bigger by the second and his cheeks are out of control; along with his rockstar hair.  Maybe it's time for some hair products:)  His Dad has a drawer full we could try out on his spiky "do." 

And I am tired, yes tirrrred; and I only have one!  I cannot believe how my Mom did it with newborn twins and a 5 year old, or my friend Erin with infant twin girls, or my sister-in-law Lindsey with a non-stop precocious 5 yr. old, an on-the-go 2 yr. old and about to have baby #3.  Soooooooooooo, with that being said; I am not "THAT" tired!  I just think I am.  All a state of mind; (I keep telling myself).  And don't get me wrong, it's a good tired!  I have waited for this kind of tired for a long time...

Day 20 was definitely the hardest day thus far.  Yes, that was yesterday.  A complete whip, beat-down, pretty much torture...  Up at 8:30 am - and his first nap was 4:30pm.  Yes people, I said 4:30.  HOLY TORTURE.....  I had no idea what the h#*% was going on.  He was fed, changed, rocked, soothed, bathed, pretty much given all the one-on-one attention he possibly could get!  I rocked, swaddled, and even loaded him up in the car and headed to Sonic.  I drove around every neighborhood in Mandeville to get him to go to sleep (in my house shoes, with dirty hair, ratty old sweats, no make-up and no bra - Awesome.  Thank the Lord I did not get stopped.)  

 This pretty much sums it up...

No such luck.  I obsessively googled, text girlfriends, ugly cried to girlfriends on the phone, cried to my mother, and said a lot of prayers.  FINALLY at 4:45, the little man cried himself to sleep and we had to wake him up at 8:00 pm in fear of him not sleeping at night.  Brad changed and fed him and lo and behold, he went straight down at 8:45 and slept til midnight!  HALLELUJAH!!!!!!!!!!

He knows me oh so well...
 
Even though 1-20-15 was a rough one, I'll keep him.  Sweet, sweet baby.  (A sleeping baby!:)

On a less tired note, we had a great weekend!  It was my 29th:) bday and the much anticipated Super Bowl for the husband...  Brad always does a great job on birthdays.  It was a much 'different' bday this year.  No fancy dinner and drinks, but a dinner with my two favorite guys at home in my sweats with no make-up!  Even better.
 
My all-time favorite food (my last prison meal) is the ever, low calorie chicken fried steak and macaroni and cheese.  Hands.down.  Not the least bit healthy at all, and that's ok!  Sooooo my husband and the amazing cook he is prepared CFS for the very first time and it DID not disappoint.  It was delicious, maybe one of the best I have ever had (Thanks to Pioneer Woman's recipe and my hot chef!:)  Now, he starting prepping at 6:30-7:00'ish and we sat down to eat at 9:58pm, no lie!  Haha....  Took a tad longer than he expected.  And then at 10:07, someone (I won't mention names.....) started crying from upstairs.  So the hubs went upstairs to tend to baby and I ate my bday dinner alone. In silence....

And while Daddy cooked, I relaxed in the tub!
 
And homemade gravy...  YES!  It was a great first birthday as a Mommy.
Battered and fried meat, fattening gravy, a twice baked potato as large as two potatoes and some Sauvignon Blanc - Happy Mom.

And we have had some more "firsts!"
 
 First 8:00 am Target trip...  

First walk at the lake front...

First extreme close-up...  Haha!

First Super Bowl!  Donning navy and white for the Patriot's.  
(And for Mommy's boyfriend Tom!)

 
 At Elizabeth and Paul's Superbowl Party.  My my, our SuperBowl parties look a tad different these days.  And I couldn't be happier!

Still didn't hit it off.  Ledger is snoozing away and Greta is still not impressed!
 
As of much of control freak as I am, I now realize that some days are just going to be like yesterday.  As much as I want everything to go perfectly, I know that that will NEVER happen.  Thank the Lord I have such a great support system; whether it's my Mom, my two sister-in-laws, or friends that have babies/toddlers, someone is always there!  And poor friends, I completely exhausted all my life lines yesterday!  

And we have received so many meals lately...  AND it so appreciated.  Honey Baked Hams from my wonderful team at school, homemade meatballs and salad and Zea's take-out all from friends here in Mandeville!  And one meal came yesterday.  Talk about perfect timing Elizabeth and Les:)

Ok, off to take a nap before Motherhood calls or a baby starts screaming... 

Love,


~H
 



 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment