Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Life Lately...

Well, the non-napping continues in spurts, but I am dealing with it.    But this past Sunday, Ledger gave me the best gift ever; a 3 hour nap in the GARAGE.  Yep, the garage.  We took a 45 minute walk around the neighborhood and when we strolled into the garage, he was passed.out.  Like comatose.  I wasn't about to move the bear....  

So from 4:15-7:15, I got SO MANY THINGS DONE.  Brad and I did go check on him ever so often to make sure he was still alive:)


 He sleeps on the bathroom floor too while Momma gets ready... but that only lasts about 5-7 minutes.  
Better than nothing I guess.  

Mom flew in last Thursday and we were thrilled!  Ledger loves his Bob and I am pretty darn sure the feeling is mutual... 

 Walked upstairs Friday morning and this is what I found...  Love this sweet picture.  Priceless.

Looking at how big he has gotten - (And how crazy that hair is!)

Ledger is extremely high maintenance at times...  (Have no idea where he got that!?!)
If he is left alone in a room when he is awake, you will know in about 60 seconds.  The boy has a set of lungs.  So from now on, he joins our nightly dinner parties in his car seat, on top of the table...

Mom had to unexpectedly leave at the crack of dawn Saturday morning to head back to Texas for the best reason ever...  

Hodges Grandchild #5 was born Saturday, February 21st at 12:46 am - 

Elizabeth Slade Hodges - "Ellis".  

Cannot wait to meet sweet, little Ellis!
 
What a surprise this was, especially for Slade and Lindz!  Although we were sad to see Bob go, Bob-duty was needed and no worries here; She will be back in less than 3 weeks.  WOOHOO...

 Bebo and Knox waiting for Ellis's arrival...

 Cutest little doctors I have ever seen...

So late Saturday afternoon after Mom left, Brad said he would run to the grocery store for me.  I loathe going to the grocery store, so he mostly does all the shopping for us.  I sat here thinking about not wanting to cook.  (Who I am kidding, Brad does the cooking because - he cooks, I clean...) He walked in with some groceries that we needed for the upcoming week and SUSHI!  I thought, "Well, that was nice of him to pick sushi up for us!" 

Little did I know, our wonderful friend Lindley had text Brad earlier that day and wanted to buy us dinner since it's really not feasible for her to bring us dinner all the way from Lubbock:).  Brad gave her the name of a sushi restaurant that we love, and lo and behold, Brad went and picked up our order of an appetizer and two rolls for us to DEVOUR (First sushi since baby did not disappoint!)  What a sweet, sweet thing to do.  I teared up thinking of what a great friend Lindley is to both of us.  Biggest heart in the world!  Love that girl...

Yum...

Sweet Lindley...


Some days are spent like this.  No make-up, dirty hair and this little guy attached to me while I try and get some things done!  Usually doesn't last longer than 10 minutes.  Awesome...

AND around 5:30 everyday - 9 times out of 10, here is what is going down at the Wainscott household.  
(At least he has a cute Saints onesie on!)

And then I may sarcastically text Brad:
"Welcome Home!" or "Mommy needs wine ASAP... HURRY!"

BUT here he is around 7:30... ALL FREAKING SMILES!
Do not know what happens during that two hour time gap, but whatever it is, I will GLADLY take it.  
Love this little guy and this sweet smile!

Hell might be freezing over as I type.  It is 5:46 and silent.  

I guess I better go check on the napper, in the Cadillac, in the garage...

Love,


~H

 
 


 

 




 


No comments:

Post a Comment