Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Up and At ' em All Day Long...

Well, I am going to go ahead and say that Ledger may have his mother's sleeping issues.  Yep, I think so...  I am a horrible sleeper, napper, etc. and always have been.   

Side note:  When I was little, I would start stressing out about sleeping at night when I was walking home from school.  I mean I could work myself up into a straight tizzy!  No lie-  Can you say WEIRDO ELEMENTARY STRESS BALL?  My mom or dad would put me to bed every night and I would toss and turn thinking about how exhausted I was going to be the next day at school.  And then when I could hear the Cheer's theme song faintly playing from the TV in the living room, I knew it was late (9:30) and the world's biggest freak out session would commence.  Bawling, kicking, screaming for my mom, you name it...And I could have been 10, 11, and 12 yrs. of age:) Embarrassing, I know.  Long story short; I would end up spending the night on a pallet next to my mom's side of the bed 3 out of 5 school nights.  I was NOT allowed in bed with them, so I would just camp out on their floor!)

But Ledger's issues are not at night....  his are the lovely daytime hours.  Ledger thinks that daytime = PARTYTIME!   I cannot get anything done.  And he does NOT like to be put down.  At.all.  Poor guy (and Mom) is lucky to get one maybe two 20 minute naps a day and let's not even talk about the early evening hours.  It's like someone has pulled his arm off...  The fussiness is out.of.control.  Brutal.

But boy, can he nap in the car and out in public.  You name the place - and he is PASSED OUT!  An absolute ANGEL in public. (And then all hell breaks loose at home...) So that is definitely a plus for sure when I have to get out to run errands or head to my beloved Sonic.

But as I know, this too shall pass.  Thank the Lord he is cute and cuddly:)  I am treasuring every minute (maybe hour, not minute:) of these non-sleeping days with him because I know that they are limited before I head back to work in a couple weeks.  Sigh...  Cannot even say that out loud without tears starting to form...

 Our Starbuck's morning ritual.  We know all the baristas by name:)

Happy One Month "Ledge"!  

 He loved his first trip to Rouses in the Baby Bjorn.  Who are we kidding, Daddy may have loved it more.

 
 Friday, Ledger and I loaded up and went to Pizza Domenica on Magazine Street to meet our friend Stephanie for lunch.  What a fun couple of hours and FABULOUS pizza!  She was in town for Mardi Gras/Endymion and squeezed us into her wild and crazy weekend.  Ledger loved meeting sweet Steph...

My little Mardi Gras Man!

AND..... Bob comes in two days.  WOOHOO!  

We simply CANNOT wait to pull into the airport Thursday afternoon.  What a great way to round out the Mardi Gras break!  

With the spare bedroom being upstairs right next door to Ledger's nursery, I see an Ambien and a set of ear plugs in my near future.  Just typing that makes me oh.so.freaking.happy!

Love,



~H








No comments:

Post a Comment