Tuesday, January 20, 2015

The Day That Our Lives Forever Changed - 1-13-15...

There are just zero words to describe the past week.  Zero, none, notta...  

Everyone told me that I had no idea the love for Ledger I would have until he arrived, and everyone was absolutely right.  It's like my heart is going to burst everyday when I look at him, bathe him, change him - poopy and all, feed him, cuddle with him at 2:43 in the morning:), and pretty much just think of our Wainscott family of 3.  I just cannot believe that Brad and I were chosen to be his parents.  So extremely blessed and thankful.  I cannot thank God enough for entrusting us with this precious child.  He is pretty much our everything right now.  And yes, we fight over who gets to feed him, bathe him, change him, etc....  And "Bob" is still here, so it is a three-way fight daily...

Dear Sweet Ledger,

Happy One-Week....  What an amazing and (tiring:) week this has been, but I would not change it for all the money in the world.  YOU have made our lives so much happier, so much richer, and brought so much love to our lives. 

From the moment you were born last Tuesday at 12:32 pm, I am a new person.  I am forever changed for the better.  My life has a totally new meaning, something no one could have prepared me for.  No one.  

I cannot wait to share this journey called life with you.  I love you more than you will ever know and understand. 

Love,

Mommy 

** I am apologizing now for the picture overload...  It's pretty much an obsession these days.  
The "night" before... 
Both Grandmas, Bebo, and Great-Grandma in town - CHECK
Corn grits at Zea's devoured - CHECK
A dozen and a half beignets consumed - CHECK
Brad figuring out our new, fancy camera - CHECK

The morning of...  All smiles!

In the parking lot about to make our way in.  I am rocking the fake, anxious, petrified smile and Brad looks like he is about to throw up...
Yep pretty much spot on...    

I looked through the window and saw the troops walking in with all of our "stuff"!  I love this picture of Brad, Dede, Bob and Bebo...

I was alone and finally realized this was really happening - I was about to have a baby.  Pretty much how I felt.  YIKES!


And it 12:32 pm, here we are...  The most precious minute of my life.  Hands.down.

My two main men.

 Already posing for the family through the window!

So in love...


Hands down, my favorite picture yet.  SO in love with these two.  And the Dad that Brad has already become is the most natural relationship I have ever seen.  Makes me fall in love with him all over everyday.  
I did ask him in the hospital while he was changing diaper #14, if he had kids that I didn't know about!?!?  I swear he does.  They are hidden somewhere.  He is a pro at this new role called "Dad."

Ledger is so lucky that both his uncles and aunts flew in for his arrival...  WHAT a blessing!  They are all four so so busy working, wrangling a 5, 2, and 19 month old, and Lindz is preparing for Baby #3 in March.  I didn't know whether or not they would make it with the birth being here in LA and all, but they did and I cannot tell you how much it meant for the four of them to be here for Ledger's debut! 

 Brad's mom, aka Dede, and Grandma were pretty smitten too!  This is the first grandchild for Brad's mom, so she was beside herself.  SO much love from a grandmother to a grandchild.  Dede would have stolen him if she thought she could have made it out the doors without being tackled by security!

These two girls were the fastest diaper changers ever...  Amazing.  Yep, I watched and took notes.

So many flowers and plants were sent to us from sweet friends. 

And Cody held these little gems on his lap on his flight from Dallas!  He knows his sister oh so well!  I think I scarfed down 4 of them.  Sprinkles is just one of the things I miss terribly about Dallas.  But my butt and stomach do thank me...

Some of my sweet past and current students came to visit Ledger on Thursday!  Sweet, sweet girls.  I just love these three.

Some sweet, sweet co-workers came to see us on Wed!

We arrived home on Friday and have settled in quite nicely.  IT helps when you mother is here.  Laundry, cooking, running errands, and tackling some early am feedings, etc.  you name it - Bob has done it!  

One last hospital pic...

Loading Ledger up for the drive home.  I think Brad drove 7 mph the whole.way.home.  It was slow and steady. 

My dining room table has been transformed into a changing table...  And as Type-A as I am, it hasn't bothered me a BIT!  Just until I can traipse up and down the stairs to L's nursery.

Our first of many strolls...

Homemade steak fingers, mashed potatoes with white gravy and an extra ramekin of white gravy for this momma.  AND I didn't have to drive 58 miles round trip to Dairy Queen.  THANK YOU MOM!  (Can you move in?)

Lounging on his Pello!  He adores stretching out on it.  He loves his right arm, especially by his head.  He is a natural poser.  

First car ride yesterday to run some errands.
Poor kid looks petrified in Pic #1.  He started bawling, so we turned around, went home, fed him, changed him and tried again.  Pic 2 - fat and happy!  Whew!

 Chilling with Daddy...

Hanging with Mommy and Bob!  BOY we are going to miss her come Friday.  Oh dear, it's going to be ugly on Friday at Louis Armstrong International Airport.  Cannot even talk about it.  Dread.this.day.  But we have two more full days of Bob-fun, and that is what I am focusing on!
Family photo Tuesday night.  Really have no recollection of this photo.  1-13-15 is such a blur, but the best blur possible.  Love this family so so much and any photo is great when you catch a smile on Bebo's face.  Doesn't happen often!:)...  (Missing Knox, Briggs, Marlowe, and Baby Hodges #3). 

Thank you for all your calls, texts, visits, FB messages, etc...  Brad and I are so blessed with great friends, family, co-workers, etc.  

IT has definitely been our best week yet.

Love,


~H






















  





No comments:

Post a Comment