Tuesday, December 23, 2014

The Nursery...

Well, the nursery is completely done... (I think?).  It was a long time coming when you have a husband that really, I mean really, likes interior decorating and has a strong opinion about furniture, accent pieces, the room arrangement, etc - you name it!  But I wouldn't have it any other way.  There may have been some four-letter words, blood, a lot of sweat and an occasional meltdown (or more like 15) in this room during the past three months, but we survived and are still happily married! 

Brad and I love non-colored things.  Like our Christmas tree, no colored ornaments.  Our bedroom is black and cream.  We like very modern, clean-lined pieces of furniture and etc...  so I expected nothing less when it came to Ledger's room.  Yep - we settled on the boring good ol' grey and white.  (And it drives my Mom crazy that we have not one accent color! - but it is what it is:)  

I had a happy hour last week at my house for my 3rd grade team, and more than one smart woman pointed out that the nursery will never be as "white" as it is now!  Hahaha...I think that was the nice was of saying.... "Girl, you are certifiably insane to do a WHITE nursery!"  They did use the adjectives, "calm, serene, and fancy", but "practical" was not one of them.  And I know.  You live and learn I guess....

(*And luckily the walls were already grey, even though some of the pics they look tan.)

The bedding close-up from Restoration Hardware...


 My new favorite letters in the alphabet...

 A cozy, little table and our lil Ledger!

The cousin wall...  Knox, Briggs and Marlowe.  Ledger cannot wait to meet them!

Our wall art canvases...

 The comfy, grey glider with gliding ottoman that will be used all.the.time...

The dresser that nearly caused a divorce...  Came in three boxes.  Took a while.  Glad that is over with.  

Socks and hats in one apothecary jar and Ledger's blessing beads. 

One pop of color (You're welcome Mom)...  
A cute, fun elephant that came with a baby book for L.   

My most favorite (non-practical) piece in the nursery... Love.this.mirrored.bench!

And nothing is complete, without a white, fluffy rug....  (Some of my best girlfriends have said "That white rug is going to look great with pee, poop and projectile vomit on it".)  Sigh.....

Well, that is it!  Hope Ledger enjoys it as much as his Daddy and I do.  We find ourselves just going upstairs to look at it and dream what it will be like in less than 4 weeks with an actual baby boy in there.  We have no idea what we are in store for... but we do know we are so blessed and are so excited we can hardly stand it!

Thank you for checking it out!  Merry Christmas...

Love,


~H


No comments:

Post a Comment