Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Thanksgiving 2014...

What a great week off it was!  IT was definitely much needed.  Mom and Dad flew in on Tuesday night.  Yep, only their 2nd time and their 2nd time WITHOUT luggage.  Mom asked if Louisiana was trying to tell them something.  She blamed it last year on my Dad chatting it up with the Southwest lady that forgot to put the pink "Transfer" tags on their luggage.  But this trip, Sharon blamed it on their first leg of the trip being late and pretty much rushing to catch the NOLA flight.  

 But after we took Dad to Drago's and he devoured a dozen chargrilled oysters, he was OK and a lot more patient with a full belly.

All smiles before heading home!

Low and behold, there was a knock at the door at 11:58 Tuesday night with all three pieces of luggage...  WHEW!  Crisis adverted.

The next couple of days was running errands, a quick consultation with a pediatrician here in Mandeville, about 4 trips to Homegoods, shopping with Mom, Hobby Lobby, and eating more carbs than one person should ever be allowed to. 

With only four of us this year for Thanksgiving, there was really no need to serve every dish known to Thanksgiving.  A guy that works for Brad smoked a turkey for us and I bought a ham at Honey Baked Ham.  Mom and I, (well to be honest, Mom - No I involved) made homemade mashed potatoes, dressing, and corn.  

And let's talk about the dressing.  My mom told me that she was bringing some food items in her suitcase.  I guess I just ignored this statement, totally blocked out the absurdity of that statement or was completely was not listening, because low and behold, she sure did pull out these items from her lovely suitcase Wednesday morning:  

An onion, homemade corn bread, and a package of stuffing...  I am not even lying.  I about DIED!  I guess she thought Mandeville didn't have any grocery stores.  This lady is always prepared.  Only Sharon, only Sharon...

Yes...  We had not one GREEN thing on our plates people!  It was a carb-filled paradise!!!!  Finished off with a homemade Butter Chess Pie and a store-bought small pumpkin pie for Brad.  It was all so yummy!

Thursday afternoon, Mom and I went to see "MockingJay".  LOVED it!  This is what was happening when we left:

And I am quite sure they didn't move for the three straight hours we were gone...

And here is what we saw Thanksgiving night around 6:15pm after leaving the movies....

 Target was a complete zoo.  Mayhem at it's finest.  What could possibly be that important waiting in THAT LINE!?!?!  NOTHING!

And you should have seen Best Buy.  WOWIE...

Friday was spent at Oak Alley Plantation about an hour and a half away and on Magazine Street in New Orleans.  It was such a fun day to round out Mom and Dad's Louisiana Thanksgiving Trip!  

The trees are amazing...

Gorgeous!


Love this couple...

 My Dad eats on average 6-8 burgers a WEEK.  NOT even kidding.  How he doesn't weigh 500+ lbs., I will never know.  (Killer metabolism that I was not blessed with, I guess.)  By Friday, he was on Day 3 without a burger or red meat, so Brad and I took him and Mom to Port of Call in New Orleans.  It was so delicious.  Their menu is simple; burgers, a ribeye steak, and baked potatoes.  NO FRIES.  That's.it....  Dad was in heaven.


What a wonderful Thanksgiving Break it was and a very tearful goodbye...  Complete meltdown thinking that I could be a Mom and Ledger could be in my arms the next time I see my parents.  It's a little harder planning last minute trips when you are a state away.  And having no idea really when this baby will make his debut in this world, makes me a nervous WRECK.  But I know when he does arrive, it will be God's perfect timing for our little Ledger.  Thank the Lord Mom finally hung up her principal shoes and can hop flight at any given moment!  WHEW... 

Have a great week all!  



Love,


~H






No comments:

Post a Comment