Wednesday, December 10, 2014

35 Weeks and A Sad Farewell...

Well, I am officially 35 weeks tomorrow.  WHERE did the time go?  This pregnancy has FLOWN by...  IT seems like it was yesterday when we were in Seaside, FL, and I spilled the beans to my whole family.  That was the end of May....  And here we are - It's December 10th!  I am not complaining one bit though... I can see the light as scary and exciting as it is....

 Week 34.5 before heading to the Saints game.  That was definitely my last trip up the Superdome ramp PREGNANT.  Whew... Talk about target heart-rate not even half-way up.  Ridiculous.

My cravings are changing quite a bit.  I can no longer look at a Kit Kat or Captain Crunch....  GAG.  I think I have eaten enough of those two for the rest of my LIFE.  

Now, it's all about this yummy mixture...

Cannot get enough of the pimento cheese sandwich.  HOLY COW.  I have plowed through some pimento cheese the past week.  AND it's the 'processed pimento cheese out of the plastic container in the deli section' of Rouses!  Aka... our local grocery store here in LA.  Brad can hardly look at me when I am shoving a PC sandwich in my mouth or devouring it by the spoonful.  Not the sexiest sight I am sure.   

On a sad note, there is depressing farewell that I am about to have to make...  

My nightly, BFF's:


My ear plugs...  I know, as dorky as it sounds and IS, I wear earplugs EVERY.SINGLE.NIGHT.  I have become quite attached to these gems the past couple of years.  They go everywhere with me; honeymoon, summer vacations, trips back to Texas, holidays, you name it.

First off, I am a horrible sleeper... Always have been and probably always will be.  And, I hear everything!  I mean a water droplet in the upstairs bathroom, the dog five houses down the street, anything that produces a sound.

Let me preface this by saying that I do love my husband to death (never a good sign when you start a sentence like that:), but cannot stand to hear him breathe.  The raspy, deep breathing, heavy sighing, rustling of the covers, etc...  Hence, the earplugs.  Brad is not even a snorer.  Well, maybe some random nights... But for the most parts, no snoring - Just a breather, but aren't we all?....")

In about 5 short weeks (if not sooner), the earplugs and I will have to make a dramatic goodbye.  It's going to be ugly.  There may be more tears with the EP than when Mom and I say our goodbyes at the airport.  Who knows?  It's certainly going to be different without my silicon friends blocking out the noises of the fan, the passing cars, and the annoying raspy breathing in my ear.  

But all for the BEST REASON EVER.....

 My little bundle of JOY!

Thank goodness I have never been a good sleeper and required tons of sleep.  Someone please remind me of that in two months when my whining about being tired gets super annoying...

Goodbye earplugs....  It has been fun!

Love,


~H


No comments:

Post a Comment