Sunday, December 21, 2014

Hallelujah...

WE MADE IT!....  What a crazy, fun, yet exhausting last week of school before those two glorious weeks off!  This might have been the longest.week.ever, but a lot of fun and some sighs of relief were had...

 Tree is up and decorated....

 Submitted my last assignment for Graduate School.  Now two principal's tests to take in the spring:  One for TX and one for LA...  What a relief it is pretty much OVER!

My last piece of advice from my favorite advice giver...  Sad about this one!  I looked forward to these every Thursday morning when spelling was due.  (And yes I am louder than usual these days...  due to my lack of patience and the week before Christmas with 9 yr. olds.  Isn't every teacher, pregnant or not?)


The Wainscott 3rd Grade Holiday Party is in da books - Thank you Lord...  A smorgasbord of  Domino's pizza, ring-pops, SweetTart candy canes, iced cookies, two types of cookie cakes, Capri Suns, etc.. You name it.  That combination of (not-one-healthy-food-item) was like "kid-crack" for any child under 10 to ingest.  And no, this is not a scary, green mummy; it is an 9 yr. old wrapped as a Christmas tree.  You have never heard so many shrills, screams and laughter from one activity.  It was a RIOT!

36 Weeks and counting...  Cannot believe this is almost over.  CRAZY how time flies.  Dr.'s appointment Christmas Eve to make sure this little guy has turned.  By counting the hourly numbers of jabs and kicks into my ribcage, I am going to say the odds are pretty good, I hope.

Debra, Brad's precious Mom, flew in this weekend from San Antonio.  We had a great time.  She spoiled us rotten with yummy meals, movies, shopping and buying cute little things for Ledger.  Sad taking her to the airport today, but she will be back in 28 days or less....  EEEIIIKKK! 

Debra brought a darling ornament for Ledger.  

Starbucks and Mom... What else does a boy need!?!?

Here is Ledger's shoe collection so far!  One of my students bought him the Nike's (the kid that gives me all the advice for "Ledgy", as the 9 yr. olds call him.).  And Dede, (Debra's Grandma name) spoiled us with the rest of his cute shoes and socks/booties.  Precious!

We thought a Southwest Gift Card would be a great gift for Dede to use in this spring...

Before leaving for the airport...

Thank you so much Debra for the great weekend!  Loved every minute of it... 

Well, the Wainscott's  have hit the "no travel" part of this pregnancy, so we will not be venturing west to Texas for Christmas.  Instead, we will stay put here in LA, working for some:(, and for me, enjoying my kid-free two weeks OFF for the LAST time!  (Oh dear.)  SO many people have been gracious enough to ask us over for either Christmas Eve or Christmas Day dinner...  (I guess they feel sorry for the non-traveling Texans!)  So so sweet to have such good friends here in LA.  

I was really sad about it at first, not being able to be with my family back in Texas, but then one of my co-workers reminded me that this was the LAST Christmas with just Brad and I!  She told me to take FULL advantage of not traveling, not having to cook or clean, or do ANYTHING strenuous...  She told me to just CHILL AND ENJOY.  Everyone reminded me that next year, will be a whole new ballgame!  I am such a "doer", so I am going to try my darndest to listen to her advice....  

I hope everyone has a restful and relaxing week celebrating Jesus's birthday with loved ones far and near.

Love,


~H



 

No comments:

Post a Comment