Monday, November 24, 2014

Week of Surprise and Shower...

Was last week the LONGEST.WEEK.EVER for anyone else?  Holy Moly!  I guess the excitement of having this whole week off was just too much for everyone here in LA.  It drug on forever, but not without a few "HIGH" points...

On Tuesday about 3:50, I was in the hallway, herding cats   aka students for dismissal, and it was WILD.  Like I said, longest.week.ever....  When I saw something come around the corner and I couldn't believe my EYES!  I am rarely at a loss for words, but here was one of those moments.  My brother, sister-in-law Christy, and precious niece Marlowe with my husband in tow were walking towards me. 

WERE MY EYES PLAYING TRICKS ON ME?  No they were not!  My brother and sister-in-law had surprised me with a quick pit stop in New Orleans en route to Nashville!  Oh my lordie it was so so good to see family!  


Love this sweet, precocious little girl!  Best Tuesday ever in this classroom.

Love the Hodges Clan of Three!

 Precious MJ...

I still cannot believe that they flew in for about a 7 hour visit, but I cannot thank them enough!  What a special day it was.  Our time was WAYYYY too short, but hopefully they will be back soon.  Brad took them to the airport the next morning heading to Nashville...  

Thursday was my school baby shower!  One more time to shower Ledger with such love and  generosity, fun and much appreciated gifts, yummy food and the best punch ever.  (A bottle of champagne in the punch would have made it a "10", but I don't need to get arrested on an elementary school campus and Ledger would probably not have appreciated the bubbles.)

I swear, I have worked in 4 elementary schools during my time teaching and I have undoubtedly have been blessed with the best co-workers ever in all 4 schools.  Not everyone can say that I realize, but I truly can....  This Louisiana bunch is amazing!  We get along so well and laugh DAILY about something...

Love these women.  We are all from different backgrounds, states, religions, political views, and display a WIDE variety of personalities, BUT I couldn't love these ladies anymore.  
*Mary, how did we miss you in this pic!:(  So sorry!

How adorable are these?! And what is funny is that they are from two of the sweetest ladies that work at Woodlake:  One is a Louisianan and one is a Mississippian.  Who would have thought?  Thanks Sallie and Beverly! 

And this onesie...  So, so funny.  Not "Who Dat!".... "Poo Dat!"  Thank you Mary!  Anytime you want to come change a "Poo Dat", you are more than welcome.  Love it!


 32.5 weeks today...  At 19 inches long and 4 pounds, he is growing like a weed.  
(So is his momma - I blame it on the amount of Captain Crunch and Rolos that are being consumed daily!)

Feeling good and getting anxious about his arrival.  Not sleeping well at all, but I think God is preparing me for what is about to become the norm for the next 18-21 years of fun!  The nursery is ALMOST complete, diaper bag is ordered, closet is organized, clothes are starting to get washed with the EXPENSIVE detergent (Sheesh!), but I am sure I am forgetting to do something.  Since I cannot travel over Christmas Break, I will have lots of down time to finish up all the prep work for Ledger's arrival and just VEG...

Mom and Dad fly in tomorrow through Saturday.  Cannot wait to have them here for 4 whole days...  Lots of shopping, eating, and who knows what else!

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone.  I hope everyone has a blessed week celebrating, eating, relaxing and spending quality time with family and friends.

Love,


~H  




No comments:

Post a Comment