Sunday, January 26, 2014

3 Day Weekend...

Three day weekends are the best....  And surprise three day weekends are even better.

On Thursday, all of my kids kept saying, "Mrs. Wainscott, you know it is supposed to snow tomorrow!"  I just chuckled to myself thinking no way here in LA....  

Well they sure called it!  Not snow... but a tad icy.  Who would have ever thought!  I got up, showered, full make-up and clothes and then checked my school email!  Not smart Heather...  Now it was 6:09 am, and I was ready to go to work... it was back to bed for me!

 Treacherous snow day

It's amazing how much you can get done with one extra day....  Love it.

Friday we had a FABULOUS dinner with our friends Rachel and David!  David cooked a feast.... He could of fed at least 20 hungry people.  Smoked chicken, ribs, with Texas Caviar, collared greans, rolls, and for dessert a white chocolate bundt cake!  Roll me out of there!!!
 
I brought the appetizer and the wine.  I made another recipe from my Friends and Family cookbook - spinach dip with a toasted baguette.....  Thanks Christy Hodges!  DELISH...  Brad said it was sad that it took us going to dinner at a friend's for me to cook....  Such a fun night with lots of laughs!

Saturday and today were full of graduate work and grading 22 3rd grade writing papers....  OH DEAR.  The Louisiana writing rubric for 3rd graders is a BIT insane.  WOW!  I thought Texas's was rigorous.  This one takes the cake.  So hard for 8 and 9 year olds.   

If you have to grade papers, might as well do it while getting a pedicure!

 Yummy brunch from Coffee Rani after church.  I just discovered this restaurant and love it!

This afternoon I went and saw a movie alone.  Gosh I love seeing a movie all by myself.  Brad had zero desire to see this one, so I went and saw August; Osage County.  

OK - Dysfunctional on so many levels, and the language was a bit vivid, but the acting was great.  Julia and Meryl were amazing.  Definitely not a "feel good" movie.  Just a warning.  And guys would totally hate it.  Save the money girls!

Will leave you with another 3rd grade funny.  I nearly spit my water out at the nail salon when I read these two sentences...  Oh my.

 Check out the last two sentences of paragraph two.  Yep.  At least it didn't say, "That bridge is older than Mrs. Wainscott!"


Have a great week everyone.  "Supposed" to have ice again on Tuesday.  Hmmm...

One can only hope!

Love,



~H


 




 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment