Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Birthday Fun...

This past weekend was one of the best weekends I have had in a long time...  It was Stephanie's 40th birthday and she decided on NOLA for the the birthday party destination.  

I was completely ELATED with that of course.

Stephanie is one of the best people I know.  She would do anything, I mean ANYTHING for anyone.  Such a giving, loving and generous friend with an infectious laugh!  I could be in the middle of Times Square with Beyonce performing a street concert with tens of thousands of her bff's, hear" that" laugh and know STEPH was there!  Very distinct and I can't get enough of it...Miss her terribly.

There were 14 of us....  What an amazing time!  Got to see some of my dearest friends/ and their significant others and meet some new ones...

And we had two momma's to be with us.  Lydia and Lindley were complete CHAMPS.  New Orleans is not the best place to be pregnant; the constant walking, wine, hurricanes, hand grenades, you name it.  They were TROOPERS!

I will let the pics do all the talking...

 The birthday girl!

 Three of my favorite people!


Can I just talk about the food this weekend we, meaning myself, indulged in?!?!  Jacques Imo's, Irene's, Port of Call, Surrey's, and the lists goes on.......  Jacques Imo's has the most amazing appetizer called the "Alligator Cheesecake!"  It is the most ridiculous I have ever had.....  It is a MUST if you go there (Top right picture).

 Saints fans out and about!  Not a great day of football for Louisianans..

 Looking for art.

Geralie, Steph, me, Momma Herring and Tess

Because it is normal to train your dog to lie in a handmade coffin for 30 minute intervals and ask for $ for a proper burial.  Only in NOLA. This guy was killing it - Smart dude!

Everyone needs a fleur de lis on their bald head.

 Fun times with the mommas-to-be!  

Because you can't go to Bourbon Street without the Cat's Meow!

 The Herring's/Wainscott's at Stephanie's bday dinner at Irene's, one of our faves!


 Steph and Brian

Manny Randazzo's king cake for the bday girl!

She got the baby.  Steph, you are now a MOM!

What an amazing, fun weekend in the city.  My stomach still hurts from all the laughing I did.  I was real, real sad Sunday afternoon when I realized it was over and the gang was back to Texas.  Might have shed a tear or 2,734.  Poor, poor Brad...such a trooper!

Until next time friends....

I will leave you with a funny.  This picture cracks me up for some reason.... Sweet 8 & 9 year olds!

 Well, it is phonetically correct.  God bless him...

Have a great week everyone!

Love

~H

 







No comments:

Post a Comment