Monday, February 3, 2014

29th Birthday...

What a fabulous birthday weekend it was!  The fact that it was a 2-day work week made it all THAT MUCH BETTER...  I could do two day weeks every week.

Back to the birthday!  What great co-workers, students, friends and husband I have.  Totally blessed.

Beautiful flowers from the hubs.  


I do have a strange love affair with skunks.  Yes, I am weird, but I love the way they smell.  I do. (No, I have never been sprayed by one.  I might have a change of heart if that were to happen).  My students know about my crazy love affair due to the fact I have quite an extensive skunk stuffed animal collection in my classroom from students throughout the years.  
 But this card takes the cake....
   
 My co-workers brought me TWO king cakes for my birthday.  So the teachers ate devoured one and my kids scarfed down the other one.  Yep, we got the babies!


So the past two years teaching in Dallas, my co-workers gave me the same, yes the EXACT same birthday card two years a row...  It was funny last year at my birthday lunch when I opened the card and about DIED.  Stephanie, Margaret and Rita had picked out the exact same card for my birthday again.

Well this year was no different.  My co-worker Cali picked the card out and FOLKS - it was the EXACT same birthday card as the previous two.  I about fell out of my chair at school!  I told them the story that now it had been three years in a row that I had received the exact same card.  We all laughed about it and wondered what the odds were of THAT!

Well then, I got a card in my box at school Friday afternoon from my Mom.  (Yes -it came to school?:)....  I opened it up, and LOW AND BEHOLD....  It was the SAME CARD.......  Now this was just INSANE!!!!!  Three different groups of people/Mom and the same card.

Well, here are the cards!  The other two identical cards are stuffed in a box in storage somewhere....  
Hmm?  Are they trying to tell me something? 

Saturday, Brad and I headed into the city for a fun night away to celebrate.  Obviously, since we are rather new Louisianans, we love going into the city and exploring. 

Our favorite place to stay on St. Charles... Hotel Indigo.

It was our first time really exploring Magazine Street!  Such cool clothing and home interior shops.    

 
Because a one-legged horse/man wearing gold-sequined daisy dukes with a crime scene taped scarf is normal.  Love it!

Surprises from the husband...


Fun pre-dinner drinks!  This place is FABULOUS.  Wine Institute of New Orleans.  120+ bottles of wine, taste what you would like, all by using a fun pink card you stick in the machine as you go.  You pay by the ounce...  From $1.00 an ounce all the way to $22.00 an ounce!  

Unfortunately, you hand them your debit/credit card BEFORE sampling.  Dangerous place!

 Yummy dinner at Emeril's!  (Any restaurant that gives you THREE different types of bread; a sourdough roll, a piece of foccacia, and a corn bread muffin before dinner, is my kind of place!)  It was amazing... Service, food, atmosphere, etc.


Marathoners the next morning heading down St. Charles!  Our friend Tim was in town running the marathon, but we must have missed him.  He was too fast!  I guess we caught the tail end.  These were the walkers.

 Yummy brunch at Coquette before heading back to reality. 


What a fun, fun weekend away celebrating my first birthday as a married girl.  Thank you babe!:)

After all the INDULGING this weekend, Brad started low-carb today.  (And I always seem to get roped into doing it.)  He is the TOTAL carb-natzi....  I once got an eye-roll for reaching for a after-dinner peppermint.  He is hard core.  Brutal...

As I sit here eating cherry tomatoes, I can tell they obviously have "carbs",  because I am getting the "look" from the Natzi....  

IT'S not like I am shoving a Krispy Kreme down my throat.

Oh this is going to be fun.  Can already tell.  Hope there are still two Wainscott's alive by Friday...

Have a great week everyone-

Love,


~H

 

No comments:

Post a Comment