Sunday, August 24, 2014

IT'S A ...

Well, it's never a dull day in the Wainscott household.  So why did I expect the "reveal" of Baby W to be any different?!?!  Here is a story that one simply CANNOT make up folks....

I knew our sonogram was on Thursday, August 21st and that Donna (remember that name), would be able to tell the gender of Baby W.  I was so excited that I could hardly stand it.  Time crept by....  and finally Thursday was among us!  WOOHOO.

Baby LOOKED GREAT!  No concerns at all.  4 chambers to the heart, stomach closed, spinal cord developed, 10 fingers 10 toes....  You get the point!  Brad and I were thrilled and relived we had received such great news.  Well, we knew we did not want to find out the gender in the Dr.'s office.  Brad and I wanted to do some sort of "reveal" and video it for all our families and friends back in Texas.  So "DONNA" (I get heated every time I say that name), the sonogram tech, writes the gender on a scratch piece of paper and seals it tightly in an envelope!  Off we go...

I then took the envelope to a local bakery (it was so hard not to peek, but I refrained) and they were going to decorate the tops of the cupcakes with either pink or blue icing, seal them up tightly in a box, and I was picking them up after school on Friday to enjoy that night with our friends, David and Rachel!



I WAS BEYOND READY.....  IT WAS GO TIME!

Dinner was FABULOUS!  Baked brie, shrimp and grits, pecan crusted salmon, wine for the boys, lots of laughs, etc....  

 We love our LA friends...

After dinner, it was off to open the BOX!  

 Pre-Opening....  Little did we know what the next 30-40 minutes would entail.

David got the video ready to go....  Here we go:

It's A GIRL!  I was in SHOCK....  Lots of happy tears.  I have thought boy from day one, and at that moment, good lord was I WRONG!!!



The video was DARLING and off it was hurriedly sent to my family, Brad's family and all of Brad's buddies.  (I was so stunned and still an emotional, hormonal mess that I forgot to send it to my girl's! - And I had to call Mom first, of course!)

About 15-20 minutes later, Rachel, David, Brad and I are all sitting in the living room just talking about both Rachel and I having girls, laughing and relishing in "this moment" that Brad and I had long awaited for.  

I walked into the kitchen, and the envelope that I had given the bakery was sitting right there on the counter-top.  PERFECT - I was dying to see how Donna wrote out girl on the slip of paper....  I opened it up while the others were still in the living room...

I ABOUT DIED.  SERIOUSLY....  (I may have been told I can be dramatic at times by several people, but this was SERIOUS people....)


WHAT?!?!?!?!  B on a pink slip of paper????  What IS THIS?  I have no idea what I said, but the look on my face when I rounded the corner back into the living room must have said it all.  YEP......  If my thinking is correct, we were having a BOY!

I think there was a good minute or two that no one said anything.  Complete and utter shock.  Then Brad's says....  "Well y'all, I think B stands for BOY!"  So calls and texts were sent, saying to ignore the video, and we think it is a BOY.   I called my family back and yes, that's when the tears started flowing to my Mom....  It was UGLY!  Not because we are having a boy, because the whole reveal was BOTCHED.  No video, no fun pics of BLUE cupcakes, notta.  I was so disappointed, sad, emotional and the hormones were raging!  Three questions/thoughts were racing through my brilliant mind:

  • WHO the HECK writes "B" on a hot pink slip of paper?  No plain, white paper around the office?  SHEESH.  (DONNA - GRRRRRRRRR!)
  • DID the bakery just see pink and not even open up the folded paper and assume girl?
  • IS THIS A JOKE?


WHAT a night to remember!  Wasn't the way that I hoped or planned  it would go, but now two days out, it is starting to be comical, well starting too, a little...

And FYI - The bakery did get a little visit from Mrs. Wainscott yesterday, and Donna will be receiving a call first thing tomorrow morning. 

So there it is......  Brad and I are about 98.7% sure that Baby W is a beautiful, healthy baby boy and we couldn't be more excited.   SOOOOOOOO.....

 

 Baby W... Due date:  January 18th, 2015




Should be a fun day tomorrow with my students.  They drew pictures, named the baby, took guesses on the gender and wrote some STELLAR advice for Baby W on Friday.
 Gorgeous little babies.  One even comes with a cap!:)


Priceless....


And my 19 young friends and I will enjoy "blue" cupcakes tomorrow in honor of Baby W.

What a whirlwind of a weekend...  But such a "memorable" story to tell him when he grows up!  Still confirming with Dr.'s office first thing tomorrow morning.  Just need a little more confirmation than that "B" on the slip of hot pink paper....

Have a great week!  And all of besties in Texas - Happy First Day of School Tomorrow!  Praying that this year goes smoothly and that 2014-2015 is an amazing year for all!

Love,


~H



1 comment:

  1. Oh my....that Is definitely NOT COOL. For Donna or thr bakery. Who does that? Wow! Well, the most important thing is the baby is healthy. This is surely a great story in the end! One day you'll be a Le to truly laugh about it. Oh and your students....hilarious! I burst out laughing waking my husband. Ooops!

    ReplyDelete