Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Busy, Busy, Busy...

WOW - The past two weeks have been a whirlwind.....  I feel as though my head is spinning!  All good things though; finishing up a grad school class (3 more to go - WOOHOO!), setting up my classroom, and packing/moving...

First thing first, we have moved!  The apartment served it's purpose for a year; for us to get settled in a new city and learn about the area.  BUT......  It was a "tad" a lot cramped.  It was like getting married all over, when we finally got to go through all of our wedding gifts that were in storage!  Woohoo!  We moved about 10 minutes away, and we LOVE it.  

 Our cute street - aka Magnolia Alley.

It is PERFECT for us.  New, modern, spacious, and it takes me 8 minutes to get to my school...  We have gotten into selling our old furniture on a local Facebook "Swap Page".  Don't ask why, there is not a good reason at all.  And luckily it has all sold like hotcakes.  Yes crazy....  So the new house is quite empty, but slowly and surely we will fill it.   

We may not have any furniture, but by golly we have a 64 inch TV that is waiting to get hung above the fireplace.  Sigh....  

 And a ladder...


Let me just tell you, nothing says "Marriage is work" quite like moving.  Holy Moly....  I will spare you the details, but Brad and I made it through 3 grueling days of moving "stuff"!  We had help with the big items, so that was a blessing.  It's just the little things and 1,654 boxes that about killed us.  
Banana boxes....  Not my friend.  And that wine box, such a tease!

Still smiling... 

Late night treat for a successful move...

Secondly, SCHOOL STARTED!  What you might ask?  Well, when you get out May 22nd, that is what happens.  I can't gripe, but geeze where did the summer go?  Teachers started Monday, we had "Meet Your Teacher" tonight and kids come Thursday.  I have a great group of kids I met tonight.  It is going to be a great year, I can just tell.

 Our theme is "Western" this year.  

Part of the great 3rd grade team!  Had a fun "Selfie" activity one afternoon.  This selfie was "Find two or more friends that want to be divas."  Not sure why the boa is wrapped around Cali's head while she dons a perplexed look?  Haha!

So that is in a nutshell what I have been doing...  All FABULOUS things, just tiring things!:)  

Hope everyone is having an amazing week and for all my LA co-workers a great first week back!  

Here We Go....

Love, 


~H

 

No comments:

Post a Comment