Friday, July 18, 2014

Oh Baby...


YEP - it is true.  We are having a bebe!  It really hasn't sank in yet.  Well some days it has, and some days it's like a dream.  (Like all of June when the morning sickness was EVERY.DARN.MORNING....  I knew I was pregnantThat part of this wonderful thing called pregnancy was for the birds!)  But I hope we are past that point. 

We were able to tell my family in Seaside in June!  Brad and I had known for two weeks prior, so that was HARD to lie to my Mom every day that we talked.  NOT that I was really lying, I was just NOT telling her a LARGE piece of news.  They were all ecstatic....  IT couldn't of gone any better.  Cody and Christy were shocked I think, Slade and Lindsey had made a dinner bet that I was pregnant seeing that when we announced it, Lindz yelled, "Slade Hodges, YOU owe me dinner!  I told you!" (Apparently, I am a really poor liar.  And I should of never of divulged that I ate a box of Jr. Mints for breakfast the week prior) and Mom and Dad were in utter shock. 

Knox wasn't too sure about the baby at first.  But he did warm up to the idea of a real baby being in my stomach and named the baby.  Are you ready?  'Freddie' for a boy and 'Pixie Dust' for a girl.  Needless to say, we have all named the baby Freddie!  We refer to the baby as "Freddie"!  Even not knowing the sex yet, Freddie is here to stay -- for now.

There were LOTS of screams and tears.  Sheer perfection.


 Here is how we told the Hodges Clan.  I made each of the nephews and little niece a bucket full of beach goodies, so I decided to make one for Baby W and that is how we announced it. 

 Cannot wait to add one more to this crazy, sweet trio!

And to this growing bunch.  Love.these.people...
  
Then a couple weekends later, we made the trek to San Antonio to share the news with Brad's mom Debra!  I really don't think she had a clue either.  Brad and I had found a cute pillow on Etsy that we thought would be perfect!  We (again lied) and said we had brought her something fun back from Florida.  She completely fell for it!  She was in shock I think...  She just read and re-read the saying on the pillow before she said anything to us!  Priceless reaction.  This will be her first grandchild and we couldn't be anymore excited for her!  She will be an amazing Grandmother (or whatever she wants to be called!)

Sweet son and Mom!  
 (Ignore the LSU pullover fellow Texans!  He said it's comfortable.  He hasn't converted (yet?)

It has been quite a summer.  The best thing was telling all of our friends in Texas!    They couldn't have been happier for us.  Many of my closest friends called it before I announced it. I lied to so many friends, and little did I know the horrible liar I was, because they just let me roll with it!  (Sorry Lindley!)  

We couldn't be happier.  What a true blessing from God this baby has been and will continue to be.  I am one of the last girls to get pregnant in many circles of friends, so the advice is rolling in and WOW - it is great and so overwhelming!  There are so many things to know, to buy, to wear, to use, to not buy....the list goes on.  Thank you for all your kind words!  It makes this journey so much sweeter.

It's both scary terrifying and exciting wrapped all in one! But like my mom reminds me...
"You are not the first girl to ever get pregnant" and "You won't kill the baby!"  Thanks Mom.

Have a great weekend all!

Love,


~H





























No comments:

Post a Comment