Sunday, August 17, 2014

Some Firsts...

Well, this week I have had a couple of "firsts". Especially some since being pregnant!  Nearly half way there.  About 19 weeks and feeling good.  Just tired, but who isn't this time of year?

1.  The first full week of school is over!  Can I get a WOOHOO!

I know some people might be rolling their eyes, but go ahead!  You have no idea....  The daily 12,481 questions that are being asked (or yelled across the room), the large amount of anxious tears and bathroom trips, the 21+ new personalities you must study and master in a day or two, and getting back into a routine where a teacher's bathroom breaks are like one a day and your leisurely lunches are approximately 10-15 minutes long!  Exhausting!  Well worth it, but a WHIP!

This always seems to help on a Thursday afternoon!

BUT..... WE MADE IT!
 
2.  Well, hello old lova....
 
I did.it.  I broke down...  Call it a moment of weakness.  My first Starbuck's with child.  It tasted like a million bucks!  I went from going 4-5 days a week to NONE at all.  But that was OK.  The first three months the thought and smell of Starbucks made me want to seriously GAG.  But not so much now.  Lordie it was good!
 
3.  The "Stuffed Pillow"
I have been eying this little gem for a while now.  Every time Brad and I go into this little brunch/lunch spot here in Mandeville, I intensely stare at this jewel through the glass of the pastry showcase. It has been calling my name.  LOUDLY.  After a fun-filled day of furniture shopping in New Orleans yesterday, I decided the time had come.  Time to purchase the "stuffed pillow."  It did not disappoint one bit.  Angel food cake, stuffed with a cream cheese/bavarian cream mixture, covered heavily with powdered sugar and sprinkles.  Quite nutritious I might add.  Holy.Mother.of.Pearl.  Simply divine...
 
 
4.  The first Saints Pre-Season Game...
 
That's my good, old fun bottle of water.  The Saints were victorious and the water was refreshing.  But the wine sure looked mighty tasty.  Soon, soon (I keep telling myself!)
 
5.  AND last but certainly not least,  the first asinine, and might I add dead-serious, wonderful idea that came straight from the mouth of my lovely husband:
 
Him: "Hey babe, what do you think about a "football watching room" since we are in the new house and since this is my last football season before the baby comes?  I can put two of the  flat screens, side by side upstairs, and be out of your hair during all the games."
 
Me:  "Hmmm.  Ok - So where do you think this 'football room' should be?

Him:  "Well, in the nursery.  I mean the baby will not be here until January."

Me:  Sigh......  An an eye-roll.... And a heavier sigh...... -  "Um, not only NO, but HECK no."
 
Gotta love him.  Kudos for trying, I guess!
 
 Have a great week everyone!  
 
Love,
 
 
~H

No comments:

Post a Comment