Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Loves in Texas...

Well, I took a little road trip last week to Dallas to see the fam!  I was THRILLED to go.  Had the car loaded to the hilt, King Cake for Mom to try,  gassed and Starbuck's upped and just me and the open road.

Unfortunately, Brad had to stay here in LA for work (apparently garbage people don't have a Mardi Gras break).  I love traveling with my husband, but there is something about an "ALONE" road trip that I love!  YOU control the radio, YOU control the stopping and NON-STOPPING (in my case), YOU control the speed, temperature, and etc...  It's very liberating!  I am not a stopper.....  I prefer to HAUL BOOTIE and get to my destination as fast as I can.  I do not use the restroom that often, or at all for that matter, but that's a whole other blog posting that I will refrain from doing to save the family name embarrassment....
  
Brad likes to take his time, frequently stopping for Sugar-Free Red Bulls and spending silly money on lottery tickets.... Sigh.  ("Heather, You can't win, if you don't play!.....")

But this trip was sans Red Bull, lottery tickets, and his IPOD.  

Here is what I was jamming to:

I do not get to listen to these 4 gems near enough, or at all when Brad is with me, so I took full advantage! 

My brother and sister-in-law were off to their much beloved country of Haiti to work with the New Hope Haiti Mission.  Cody is now one of their Board Members and they both frequently travel to Haiti many times throughout the year.  They have such a heart for this place.  So..... Mom flew in to keep Marlowe and the timing couldn't have been better.  (Dad, sadly, had to stay at home and man the house.)  I pretty much begged asked Lindz and Slade if they could come in and BRING THOSE BOYS....  It is so hard being so far away from my little loves...  Thank Goodness for Facetime!  SO pretty much, it was a weekend full of kids, slumber parties, pure glutton on Tex-Mex, and playing around.  
 Hello Long, Lost, Friend....  Brad and I ate here at least once a week while in Dallas.  

Some other Dallas things I truly miss:  the monthly "PaperCity" publication and Nothing Bundt Cakes!


Love this couple.... 

And this little girl.  Love that stomach!:)

Night before leaving this love bug.  Mommy and Daddy were both pretty sad to leave her.  But she was in GOOD hands:)

Mom and I took Marlowe into Dallas on Friday morning to do a litttle shopping and then went up to Lakewood to see pretty amazing people I worked with the last 6 years.  I miss those ladies so much!  

Mom aka "Bob" and MJ...  Matching.  Not planned Bob said...Sure!

Quick pic!

On Friday afternoon, the thndering herd came in!  I WAS SO EXCITED to see the other half of the gang....  Lindz and Slade stayed ALONE at a hotel Friday night to get caught up on some much needed sleep, and Mom and I kept all 3 kids.  SHEESH....  I was tired, but oh so fun.....  (Cody and Christy....  We did not have a Pharrell - "Happy Dance Party" on your bed, complete with little boys thrusting their bodies off all sides of the bed, mixed with some mild jumping/flailing/bootie-shaking moves.....  I promise!:)  OOPS!
 Obsessed and mildly jealous of Marlowe's play pen.  They both wanted in that contraption so BAD!  Well, Brigg's won out because that was his Friday night bed....  In the closet of course, complete with his own sound machine. 

 Starbuck's Selfie with my bedmate.  (Sans make-up).  

 The Fabulous Three....  K, B and MJ!

Uncle Slade and MJ

 Take 1 and Two 2-
Trying to get all sets of eyes on the camera at once is like herding cats.  I am glad the most important Emma, Carlos and Rescue made the picture. 

Take 3-
WINNER!
The looks on their faces completely crack me up.  Yes, they would be confusingly staring at "Bob", aka my mother, dancing behind me.  Wish I could have seen what moves she pulled out to master those looks of awkwardness.   

Love me some Lindz and Slade.  Like I said....  herding cats people!  Not sure what I am doing.  Kids were completely over the pics as you can tell.

Sunday morning came way too fast...  Tears, tears and more tears flowed as I pulled out of the driveway.  SO excited to get home to the hubs, but I miss my Hodges Gang like crazy.  

At least I had Lionel and Michael to serenade me on the way back to Louisiana...

Have a great week!

Love,


~H 




No comments:

Post a Comment