Tuesday, March 25, 2014

A Wainscott First, A Fiesta, and My Favorite Egg...


Saturday am, I woke up at the crack of dawn to head to the airport for my quick trip to my favorite "D" - Dallas!  (That early alarm at 5:05 am was oh-so-worth it!)

I had a "first" on this trip....  (I do not think my Dad believed me what-so-ever, but it finally happened).  On Friday, I decided that it would be ridiculous to check a suitcase for a 24 hour stay in Dallas, so I decided that I would take some extra time organizing my travel-size toiletries, pack a little lighter and was going to conquer this "carry on bag thing".  (This has never been done in the Wainscott household, including by my husband.  He is WORSE than I am when it comes to his clothes, his shoes and his over-packing issues.  You have no idea. It's absurd.)  It took some extra time, but HOLY COW - it was so nice stepping off the plane and heading right outside without having to wait with the 287+ people hovered around the one baggage carousel that always seems to be the only one in service.  Doesn't matter what airport... 



 
 Brunch at Breadwinner's in Dallas is a MUST when in town...

 Had to try out The Rustic, Saturday afternoon with Steph and Steph.  What a FUN place!  This is a must-go in Dallas if you have not been....  Huge backyard patio, live music, fun drinks and some Texas goat cheese (well that's what the menu said).  What more could a girl want?

Saturday night was Ben and Lydia's Couples Shower...  What a fun and very special night for such a dear friend.  It just seems like it was yesterday when we were all sitting outside at the fabulous Dallas Arboretum watching these two love-birds exchange their vows.  Time sure does fly... And only a year later here we are with Baby Wright on his/her way!  They are not finding out the sex of the baby, and it's about to kill me!  Haha... And it's not even my baby.  

But for the record, I am saying - GIRL!

 Plenty of gifts, Fiesta-style food, a fun baby picture guessing game, and the cute couple!

It was supposed to be a "baby" picture guessing game, but guess who forgot to grab a picture?!?!  Yours truly... This was all I could find on my trusty I-Phone 10 minutes before guests arrived.  
Really Mom?  There are simply no words. None...

 Steph, Carrie and soon to be Momma Wright!

I have been husbandless since Saturday...  I left for Dallas on Saturday and Brad left for Tampa early Sunday morning and will be back Thursday.  For our whole dating/engagement period, we were pretty much long distance.  When we first started dating, Brad traveled three days a week.  Then 8 months later, we got engaged and he immediately took a position with Progressive here in Louisiana, traveling back to Dallas every weekend to see his lovely fiancee....  (Was he trying to tell me something?)  SO with that being said, this week feels like the old days.  

Otherwise known as - Cereal and maybe a glass of wine for dinner, watching reality TV that Brad rolls his eyes at, (but secretly watches when I am not looking), and going to bed early....  

What a nice surprise to walk in and the place was SPOTLESS!  I was thrilled....  What a sweet husband to have all the laundry, cleaning, vacuuming, etc... DONE.  And he left me a bottle of wine, a sweet card and these two gems...

 My favorite egg of all time!

Hump Day tomorrow...  We (My 3rd grade team and I) are all on countdown here in LA...  8 days until the fun, Louisiana State Assessment known as I-Leap.  Hardest test I have seen for a nine year old.  Already having nightmares.  

Guess I better have a swig of that wine.

Have a great rest of the week!

Love,


~H







No comments:

Post a Comment