Tuesday, September 23, 2014

The Great Pumpkin Debacle...



Liquid gold....

I love fall.....  And OH MY - The morning temp in Southern Louisiana was in the 60's this morning with ZERO humidity!  HOLY COW..... Can I get an AMEN!  It was glorious....  I love everything about fall.....  The temperatures, the colors, the Pumpkin Spice Lattes at Starbucks, and best of all the pumpkins!

Well, pumpkins are not my best friends anymore.  Here we go:  I decided that I wanted to do a fun, fall, porch arrangement with a variety of pumpkins and gourds since we are now settled into our new home.  You name it; Cinderella pumpkins, small ones, large ones, white pumpkins, and white mums...I was on a MISSION!  I set out on Saturday afternoon to find my prized fall gems, while the hubs was consumed with more football than any girl would ever want to be a part of....

Home Depot, Lowe's, Rouses, Winn-Dixie, etc....  You name it!  I was there.  I finally found the perfect, little jewels at Fresh Market (Kind of like a mini, I mean mini Central Market/Market Street/Whole Foods!)  They were sitting outside the entrance and I started picking them out.  I picked up some and loaded them into my basket, went inside and paid for them all, including two EXTREMELY LARGE ones that I left outside.  So I wheeled my car up to the front of the store, and proceeded to load one in the trunk.  The sweet manager saw the poor, sweet PREGO lady load one pumpkin into the trunk and he immediately rushed out to help me load up the other one!  Home it was to spruce them up a tad....

I found a great glaze on Pinterest that added so much sparkle and sheen, so I decided to glaze the two large ones.  SO......  Instead of walking upstairs or texting (yes we text each other from other parts of the house:) the hubs to come help me unload them, I stubbornly did it myself!  I am very independent, and had a brief lapse of judgment forgetting that I am nearly 6 months PREG with a baby.....

 The perfect glaze... $8

So I glazed the two large ones and VOILA - They were ready to be moved to the front porch.

 Here is the smaller of the two...  So shiny and perfect!

Sooooooo.... Yes I moved them all to the front porch and starting situating the pumpkins and gourds into their perfect places!  WOOHOO - They looked great and the only thing left to find are the perfect mums for my sunny, front porch!

Sunday morning we woke up early to be at church by 9:00 am, and I could barely WALK!  Brad probably thought I was being a baby, and I thought I was just stiff or slept wrong, and off we went.  I was fine until after brunch, and it was downhill from there people.    And I am talking DOWNHILL.....  So, I made the ever-so smart decision to lay on the heating pad for 5+ hours Sunday afternoon while I watched movies and worked on graduate school.  BAD, BAD DECISION folks......  



That is when my mom so nicely said through the phone..."Honey, I think you are supposed to use ice, and not heat!"   Well, nothing like 5 hours too late.....

So Monday I was MISERABLE....  Tears were flowing all morning long.  It was pathetic and it was my own fault.  My speech therapist's husband is a chiropractor here in town, and she graciously made me an appointment to go see him Monday afternoon  (After practically chasing her down on campus - Well, let's be honest....I wasn't chasing anyone...hobbling and waddling was more like it).  

SO, off I was to see the Doc.  He was so informative, listened to my pumpkin fiasco, and about died when I told him about the heating pad.   Dr. Sellers was AMAZING!  After icing all night last night, I felt a tad better today.  I had another adjustment this afternoon, and I am nearly back to normal.....  One more on Thurs., and then next Monday and I should be back to "normal walking Heather" and not "Eileen" as I have been called by more than one person.  Real funny!

My kids were wondering if the baby's head had moved to my left side since I was leaning that way for the entire 8 hours at school today.  I politely told them it had nothing to do with the baby, and it was my poor choice that caused the excruciating pain. A good lesson for all!  Then one of them asked, "Did Brad ground you?"  Now that is comical. 

So the moral of the story....  Don't try and be Superwoman and lift pumpkins when you are 6 months pregnant...

Happy Tuesday All!

Love,



~H

No comments:

Post a Comment