Monday, September 29, 2014

Mom and LCW...

What a weekend it was!  Mom came in town and I could barely control my excitement.  I hadn't seen her since the beginning of July... (I think this was our longest run without seeing each other! - Entirely too long)  And BOY - This was her first siting of the "bump"!  She couldn't believe it and kept saying..."Yep - There is definitely a baby in there!"

She flew in Friday and Brad brought her straight to school.  She got to see where I spend most of my days and meet my precious students and co-workers.  One student said, "Are ya'll sisters?" and one said "Ya'll look alike....  You both have pop-eyes!" - Hahaha.....  What in the world does that mean?!?!

I was able to take Friday afternoon off so we could go have some fun!  We had a nice lunch and did some local boutique shopping.  We went to one store, The French Mix, that has the most amazing paintings, decor and furniture....  It's like the most stunning store I have ever seen.  The entire store is complete with only shades of white, grey, gold and silver.  I found a painting that would fit PERFECTLY in our dining room, but then took a look at the price tag....  Well, it was just a SMIDGE (talk about thousands) more than B and I wanted to spend on a painting!  I left empty-handed, but one last impromptu stop by Homegoods and I'LL BE DARNED.....  There it was!  The perfect painting with a perfect price tag...


It matched perfectly with our new table and chairs and gave the room some color (which you really cannot tell by the pic.)

We even stopped by a nursery to finish getting mums and greenery for my fall arrangements for the front porch!  


Just need a couple of tall urns to complete the porch.

Saturday was a full day in across the lake.  The hubs opted to let us go alone while he watched football all day without interruptions or someone asking nagging him to do something! I am sure he was sad.  Mom and I had so much fun!  Baby stuff galore, and lots of cute maternity tops and jeans were purchased...  
Here is the glider we ordered along with the ottoman!  Should be here in a couple of weeks.  It has a super high back, is comfy and is grey and white, our nursery colors. 
Genius!  Put a flat screen complete with every football game known to man in The Pea in the Pod for the daddies and daddies to be!
 Week 25 and going strong!

 Hello baby...

Sunday came and went too fast...  But after church and a carb-loaded breakfast, it was time to take Mom to the airport!  Oddly enough, there were no tears, due to the fact that I will see her in Dallas on Friday.  

 Cracker Barrel never disappoints in the carb department...  Cannot.get.enough these days.

 Love this beautiful lady more than words.  Thanks Mom for a great weekend!


As for Baby W, he does have a name...
Ledger Cory Wainscott will be making his arrival in January 2015.

Brad and I first heard the name "Ledger" when we were engaged.  I was watching credits from some movie that I have no idea what it was and saw the name.  I fell in love immediately.  I mentioned it to B and he shockingly loved it!  (This was about the ONLY name that we truly agreed on!)  And we knew that regardless of the baby's gender, the middle name would be "Cory".  Cory is the name of Brad's younger brother.  In 2011, he was tragically killed at the young age of 30 in a car accident in San Antonio.  I never met Cory, but have heard so many wonderful and amazing stories about him.  We are thrilled that our son will carry his name and legacy. 

What a Monday!  WHEW - I am beat.  Glad this one is over.   We luckily have a short week this week due to our Parish Fair Day on Friday and the Wainscott's are headed to DALLAS!  WOOHOO....

Love,


~H






No comments:

Post a Comment