Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Life Lately...

Well, summer is in full swing.  Nothing earth shattering has taken place here lately, just lots of time spent with my little BFF!

I have now been back in the gym for three weeks now.  Oh how I have missed this place!  I walked and maybe jogged once during the spring with Ledger, but that was certainly NOT cutting it.  Ledger goes with me to the gym 4 days a week and he loves it.  The ladies love him, partly because he just sits in the bouncer or exersaucer and smiles. Just kicks it.   WHO'S kid is this?  Oh that's right - Brad's!  Laid back like no other.  (Thank you Lord!)

 Loving Body Pump.

Ledger had his first swimming outing at 3 months in Florida and wasn't too sure about it.  But now, he LOVES it.  We have a neighborhood pool that is so easy to pop in whenever we want.  It is literally a 100 yards from our front door.  I haven't been brave enough to dunk his head in the water, but it is coming!

 My little fish...

And we have had our first bout with Eczema.  HORRIBLE....  He looked like he had been burned by scalding water.  (And I am sure that it looked worse than it actually was, but with Ledger having such fair white skin, the red, scaly bumps sent this momma into a tailspin!)  And while all this happened, Daddy happened to be in Seattle at the U.S. Open Golf Tournament.  Talk about freaking out.  I haven't been known to be the calmest person when something stressful arises.  Brad usually talks me down off the ledge, but he was no where to be found this particular week!:)  

We went to our pediatrician twice and with zero change, she sent us directly to a pediatric dermatologist.  He was amazing!  Yes, I was maybe crying and freaking out a tad, but he was so patient with me us and gave us some great tips on what to do with his face.  L's eczema was all on his face - no where else.  So.... we will keep treating the eczema exactly like Dr. Soine said and hopefully it will not appear again in the near future:)



Poor baby.  

This pics do not do justice.  It was BAD.  Puffy little boy.

And here is L's new products.  The Desonide Cream was a complete MIRACLE.  His skin was back to normal and even better within one day!  Thank you Dr. Soine.  Who would have thought bathing a 5 month old in Dove Sensitive Skin adult soap would be part of the solution?  Not this girl.  But hey - it worked!

So after all that excitement and spending a small fortune on co-pays and Walgreen trips, things have been pretty normal around here.  Errands, play dates for L, dinner with girlfriends, early morning walks, etc...

 Errands with my BFF...  Not the best conversationalist.

At the New Orleans Convention Center watching sweet Chandler kill it on the court.  They got 3rd place at the National Tournament!  I was in awe.  Their team was amazing and they played a TAD faster than we did 20 years ago.  Holy moly!

Just hanging out naked.  Way too hot and sticky here in Southeast Louisiana.  Yuck!

I have NO IDEA how he got this blanket up on top of his play mat, but he was entertained for 45 minutes. Just high-pitched screams and giggles.  Love it!  Could listen to that all day long.

Watching Daddy's favorite golfer, Jordan Spieth, win the U.S. Open...

Sweaty hugs with Mommy.

Just soaking up all these summer days with sweet L.  I am taking advantage of these lazy days with Ledger; no where to go, no make-up to put on; just lots of playing, tickling, listening to him babble and coo.  I am a busy-body.  I move fast and always have a full-plate of responsibilities and a mind that goes and goes and is usually hard to shut off.

But not this summer.  Time to slow down and focus most of my time on this precious baby and husband.  School will be here before we know it, and my type-a, busy-body tendencies will be in full-force again.  But for now, I am relishing in these rainy, stormy LA days with my best little pal!

Love,


~H

And leaving you with a pic that sends every teacher into cardiac arrest in June.... 
Yes folks, they are up!

 





 


 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment