Thursday, April 9, 2015

Easter 2015...

What a whirlwind trip to Texas it was....  And travelling with an 11 week old.  I am still tired just thinking about it!  Little guy did pretty well...  But by Sunday, he was OVER.IT...  I think the more we travel with him, the easier it will become.  He better be ready because June 1st, comes a Mommy and Ledger trip ALONE, on a plane, to the Texas Panhandle...  

Just typing that gives me anxiety.....

Well, the Principal's test came and went.  SO Brad drops me off and was going to come back and get me 3 hours later.  Little did we know, he should of NEVER dropped me off.  Long story short, my names did not match up;  SERIOUSLY? -  Can you NOT make a judgement call?
  • Driver's License Name:  Heather Shalyn Wainscott
  • TEA Name (Texas Educator's Website):  Heather Hodges Wainscott
SO.....  After 10 minutes of begging, pleading and now SOBBING in the lobby of the testing center, I decided that they were not going to budge, and now I had to call for a ride!  Thankful that my girlfriend Stephanie lives close and swung by and got me.  And she got to meet Ledger because of my error...  That was an expensive $120.00 meeting of two people!:) 

The rest of the weekend was a whirlwind full of family and some friends.  We didn't get to see everybody because it was just too quick of trip, and the "get-up-and-go" no longer exists since little Ledger is now with us.  Those days are LONG.GONE....

 "A 7.5 hour road trip? You have to be kidding me!"

 "And a dumb selfie?" 

"But Mommy in the back seat with me, holding my paci for 7 + hours.... SCORE!"

 About 30 minutes after we pulled into Rockwall, MJ and Ledger were down for the count.  Except one sleeps through the night and one doesn't.  Sigh...

Christy told Marlowe to go get in the picture with Uncle Brad and Ledger.  
Arms length people; that is as close as she would get! Haha...

Bebo and Bob made it!  WOOHOO....

Daddy and Daughter Love...

And when in TX....  My husband's favorite breakfast tacos are from Taco C!  We made one quick stop Saturday morning...  AND when in TX you have to have a chicken fried steak...  AND this one had jalapeno gravy.  HELLO?!

 We were able to see some Dallas friends... Glad they all got to meet little Ledger!

IS it time for church YET?

After church and as good as we could get folks...

Ledger loves his Bob! (If you couldn't tell..)

Marlowe's doll...

After a sad goodbye, and 8 hours later, we got stuck on this gem of a bridge... In the pouring rain with an 11 week old...  I have never been SO EXCITED to be back home in Lousisana.  We were all three pretty over it.

Especially this little dude...

What a fast and furious Texas trip it was.  Never long enough...

Momma has now changed her name and it matches her ID.  All for a %^& test...  Grrrr.

Happy Thursday Everyone!  2 more days and a much needed weekend and we have a special visitor flying in this afternoon from Texas.  Can't wait for Ledger to meet one of Momma's BFF's.  Get here quick Brandi!

Love,


~H
































No comments:

Post a Comment