Thursday, April 16, 2015

A Special Visit from Brandi and Merlin....

What a super fun weekend it was for the Wainscott's!  Brandi flew in for a visit.  Boy, did this Momma need to see this lady! Good for the heart and soul.  Little Ledger loved his Auntie Brandi and thoroughly enjoyed their special time together on Friday.  He pretty much wouldn't even look at me when I got home from work on Friday; All eyes and smiles were on Miss B.

 
Brandi is a one of a kind friend.  So loyal and would do anything for you at the drop of a hat.  And funny...  This girl can have me rolling!  Her sense of humor and sometimes snarky/sarcastic ways keep me laughing all.the.time.  And her TEXTS.  The best ever.  Hate that she lives so far away, but our time is oh so sweet we would do see each other.




Love these sweet friends.  And love Lola!


Well, Ledger has officially had his first haircut..... from his MOTHER...  I couldn't take it any longer.

After taking this pic on Sunday afternoon, I thought, "WELL, Good Lord!"  Obviously, L was having a horrendous hair day, but you can't do much with 4 inches sticking up from the top of your head I guess. (Someone has some THIGHS)....

So a Momma's got to do what a Momma's got to do!  I haven't taken an after picture, but trust me....  SO much better.  The mohawk is still there, don't worry....  Just a smidge more tamed!  


AND my my, how Ledger has changed!  Filling out so much and getting bigger by the day.  Love this precious little 3 month face...

t
Don't ask and Ledger, I am sorry....

In ALL attempts to get my child to sleep through the night, a mother will do crazy things!  A friend showed me a pic of the Magic Merlin Suit and then sent me the link to it last Saturday night.  I looked at the site (for about 1 minute) and ordered this bad boy off Amazon as soon as my fingers could click "BUY!"  It is supposed to help transition from the swaddle to this between 3-6 months and have your baby sleeping THROUGH the night in no time at all.

I was adamant to try it out Tuesday night...  Even though L had a rash on his face and the beginning stages of an ear infection...  (HELLACIOUS week people)  it probably wasn't the best night to try it, but Heather's stubborn mind was set (and my husband was shaking his head saying..."I told you so.")

He made it in the "Sumo Fat Suit" from 8-midnight, then Brad fed him and back in the sucker until 2:30.  I then fed and stuck him back in the suit and the proceeded to watch him for an HOUR flail his chubby arms and legs all around his crib, all without a peep coming out of him.  He looked like a wounded beetle that had accidentally flipped onto his back with his 6 little legs flailing trying to get flipped back over.  It was sad, pathetic and exhausting to watch.  SOOOOOOO.....  AT 3:35, Ledger went back in the Miracle Blanket and in the Day Dreamer.

Maybe it was too soon for the almighty Magical Merlin Suit...  Well, that is what "Maureen" said when I emailed the company yesterday. Oh, yes I did.....  I am THAT Mom.

So with Maureen's advice, I'll try again in a week or two....

Happy Thursday!

Love,


~H

 




No comments:

Post a Comment