Wednesday, October 29, 2014

48 Hour Trip...

Last weekend, I headed back to the hometown for a quick weekend.  IT was a whirlwind of a trip...  Flying will wear a pregnant girl plum OUT.  Sure beats the 15- hour jaunt though....  I'll take Southwest any day over 15 hours in a car having to go to the bathroom every 12 miles.  No thank you!

Had to get my Tex-Mex fix at Love in Dallas...

Saturday morning three of my girlfriends and three of my mom's dearest friends threw Ledger a baby shower at my girlfriend Cassie's new home.  She was so gracious to want to host Ledger's shower.  It is on 4 acres and GORGEOUS!  Ledger received TONS of clothes, books, and baby must-haves.  

Fun sign for "L"!

Darling onesies... 
 
 Ledger already loves his "Bob!"


Three of the best hostesses ever!


One of my high school girlfriends came - Tarabeth.  Just love her and she is a newlywed.  Just back from the honeymoon in Hawaii and she was just GLOWING!  SO happy for her.


Miss this girl terribly...


What an amazing day it was to be with some of my dearest friends.  Thank you for loving the Wainscott Three... 

As soon as I landed, it was off to the Saints Game.  This momma was TIRRREEDD, but I sucked it up (The hubs owes me, I told him....)  But WHAT a game it was!  The Saints have been struggling a bit this season, so it was good to see a victory over the Packers.  

Ledger's first Saints game.  

Here is Little Wayne.  He was next door to us and was a very "spirited" Packer fan.  He weighed about 87 lbs. soaking wet.  His butt might have been equivalent to one of my thighs.  I could have body slammed him or put him in my pocket.  Tiny.tiny.man...

And on a random note, I enjoyed my very first satsuma (a cousin of the mandarin orange?) this week.  I hadn't a clue what this fruit was, but apparently all the Louisianans do.  I was told to ignore the green peel.  I did and it did not DISAPPOINT.... Delicious!

Two more days to survive this hectic, busy week.  Halloween does something to my sweet, little angels.  The tears, arguing and tattling have been at an all-time high this week (and we have two more days...)  And one of my students thinks she is a cat.  No, really she does.  I looked over yesterday and she had a 24 inch paper tail taped to her bottom.  Awesome.  

Thank the Lord Halloween falls on a Friday this year.   

Love,


~H



No comments:

Post a Comment