Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Crawfish Galore...

Last weekend, I attended my first Louisiana Crawfish Boil...  Now, I have been to one in Dallas years ago, but that was nothing compared to the "real deal".

Brad's employees formed a team for a Crawfish Cook-Off.  I have never seen so many teams of people boiling up stinky, little crawfish.  It was $30 per person, and that got you all the crawfish you could stomach in one Saturday afternoon.  You have never seen anything like it!  Crawfish, funnel cakes, daiquiris, you name....  IT was there!

A lot of work for such a tiny piece of meat, but well worth it! 

Now that's some crawfish...  The smell about did me in.  YUCK, but tasted DELISH!

Brad trying to look helpful!:)

Scary looking lil suckers...

Fun Louisiana Saturday afternoon!

Well, we are on the countdown...  12.5 days left for this school year.  WHERE has this year gone?  I am excited for summer, but so sad for these kids to leave.  The group of kids I have had this year have been AMAZING!  I knew coming into this job, it was self-contained - 23 3rd graders ALL DAY LONG...  I thought "This is going to kill me!"

For the past 6 years in Dallas, I had 4 classes of 23 students or so DAILY.  SO every hour and a half, I had a new set of kids walking through my door.  And I taught ONE subject - Easy street!  I love a departmentalized school environment, but this "self- contained" year has been wonderful.  I am sure there will be tears the last day of school - There always are.  



Tomorrow we are off to our last Field Trip this year...  THE SWAMP TOUR!  


Happy Hump Day Everyone!


Love, 


~H




No comments:

Post a Comment