Sunday, December 15, 2013

Tis the Season...

I love Christmas time and all the fun parties, friends, food and fun drinks, etc....  It was a full weekend of Christmas fun.

A fun pre-party martini with a whole grapefruit attached to the side.  It was at least two inches thick....

Friday night we had our Woodlake Christmas Party at a place called Benedict's.  What a cute place it was....  And the food was great too.  I was laughing because in Texas at the school Christmas parties I have attended, here is what the menu usually consist of: 

One of the following:

A. A Mexican food buffet - chips, salsa, enchiladas, beans, rice, and a brownie
B. BBQ - brisket, sausage, potato salad, coleslaw, Mrs. Baird's white bread, and peach cobbler
C. Grilled chicken, green beans, a roll, and a tiny piece of cheesecake

BUT in Louisiana - We had crawfish and corn bisque,  jambalaya, meat pies, and some spicy casserole that I had no idea what was in it, but it was fabulous!  

Benedict's Plantation
 And the only picture I took all night was of my co-worker getting the Faculty Party started....  Cali is a fabulous dancer and we saw her moves all night. Love this girl!  What a fun night....
Saturday night I went to a Holiday Cocktail Party that one of my student's mom was having.  The food and drinks were amazing.  Adrienne out did herself for sure!
And I got to hang out with these two cuties; Oliver and Collin!  I have a FABULOUS class this year and am so glad these two are in it.  These boys crack me up everyday.

Goofballs!

Today after church I thought I would try to be domestic and try out some new recipes.  Well let's just say, one was an epic fail and one was a SUCCESS!
 Here was the debacle...  A pumpkin cream cheese bread.  Found the random recipe and thought - "Now that looks good!"  Boy was I wrong.  I should have known when I baked it for an hour and the middle was still goopy (Is that a word?), that it was going to be awful.  Maybe the worst thing I have tasted.  Brad passed on being the taste tester on this one.  It went straight to the trash.

But then, this was a success.  Corn and Potato Chowder.  I mixed two recipes together and put enough half & half in this chowder to add a pound or four to the number on the scale!  I put it in the slow cooker after church and it was ready by 6:00.  Delish!
 Don't ask....

Because the couch nor chair that we have will work.  Ladies and gentlemen, we need a Office Depot chair to play Madden and watch football on Saturdays and Sundays.  So other than the extra TV that has taken a permanent spot in our living room for the past three months, we now have a Office Depot rolling chair...  There are simply no words.  None.  Sigh...

But here are my favorite two pictures of the weekend....  My favorite three little people~

 Sweet Marlowe checking out the fat guy's beard...

And sweet Knox and Briggs.  As you can see, Briggs wasn't having it at all.

4.5 days to go until Christmas break....  (Not that I am counting or anything).  WOOHOO! 

Have a great week everyone!

Love,

~H




No comments:

Post a Comment