Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Briggs and Bugs.....

Happy Birthday Briggs!  

You are one year old today! WOW!  It seems like yesterday I raced to Wichita Falls from Dallas to get there for your arrival...  Made it just in time.

You are such a sweet, little boy, with such a sweet spirit.  You love your MOMMY and DADDY, and of course lil Knoxie, (as I call him).  You are so loved; you have no idea.    I cannot wait to get my hands on you this weekend at your "Fiesta"!  TEXAS bound for the Wainscotts......  











Let's talk bugs....  I am talking big bugs.  3-6 inch grasshoppers to be exact!  Well these friendly, little creatures surround my school every morning at our Morning Meeting.  (Morning Meeting teacher friends is where the WHOLE school sits on the Pelican's Nest for announcements, birthdays, menus, singing, saying the pledge, etc.... Don't laugh - We are the Pelicans. Yes friends, 5 days a week for around 15 minutes a morning.  From 8:40-9:00.....  Yep,  we start our day here with a pep rally!  Little different than good, old Lakewood in Dallas)....  
 
If you know me well...  I will take a reptile, insect or amphibian ANY DAY over a 4-legged, furry friend.  Call me cold-hearted if you want.  I just don't do cats or dogs.....  Dogs need constant love and attention and cats - there are just NO words for those creatures.  None-

Us Hodges' did have one dog in our lifetime in H-town...Teagan.  He was a beagle with a limp leg, due to him being raised on the concrete patio in the backyard.  Thanks Dad. One summer we went to Las Vegas on vacation, and got a tearful call from the family that was watching him across the street.  Apparently, Teagan got into some snail bait in the flowerbeds and Teagan went to "doggie heaven".  That was the extent of dogs in the Hodges Household.  SO.....



Here are my pets for now....





 
I know two of my girlfriend's that would scream like little GIRLS if they happened across one of my new buddies.... (Robin and Lyd).  Wow - There are no words for how they would react to these gems....

Love All~
H










No comments:

Post a Comment