Monday, August 26, 2013

48 Hours of Familia Fun!

Well - the time had come.  It was time to return to the grand old state of Texas for less than 48 hours.  Not griping, but the time flew.....  It was Briggsy's birthday!  We were off to Wichita Falls, Friday after school!

SO close to "Dallas".  Airport doesn't count!

We landed in Dallas, made a quick stop at Taco C (Cabana), and made it to the Falls late Friday night....  Knox and Briggs were already in bed, so we got to have some adult conversation and catch-up time Friday night!  Miss those two people so bad....

Saturday morning had arrived and I nearly peed my pants to see the two cutest boys I know!  I was GIDDY - Brad was SUPER giddy himself when I woke up at 7:45 am and then woke him up.  I know those Hodges boys and their wake-up times.  Didn't want to waste ONE SECOND!

That's Racretia...  Yep... Knox named her.  Good purchase for Brad and I in LA.

Sweet little birthday boy.  

Talking to Uncle Brad
Saturday morning we played, rode scooters, took walks, and waited for Bob, Bebo, DoDo, DeDe and sweet, precious Marlowe to arrive.....
He's a pro.....

Cannot get enough of these two....


What a fun day to ALL be together!  I know the times are few and far between now with us living in Egypt, so I just want to soak up every minute.

The Fiesta-themed party was too cute!  Lindz is SO creative and her decorations are always too fun.



Dad hauled the "cooker" from Hereford, and cooked two kinds of sausage, beans, chicken and beef fajita meat, 9 racks of ribs, and all the FIXINGS!  If you know my Dad, you know he ALWAYS cooks for an army every time he cooks.  It doesn't matter if we tell him that there will be 5, 21 or 50 people in attendance, he always cooks triple the amount of food that is needed.  Left-overs are always AVAILABLE with the Hodges'.....Becky, Gan Gan, Bob and Lindz did all the rest; Chuy's spicy dip, Bob's "papas", homemade guacamole, deviled eggs, jello salad, another potato side, and Gan Gan's chocolate cake!  TO DIE FOR!...  We love our food in this family. 

 The guys supervising....

Briggs with two of his favorite ladies.  Gan Gan and Bob!

One of Bob's bffs....
Sweet Marlowe and Knox!
Two of my other favorite people! 
Practicing!
Loves his autographed Wes jersey....
Hodges Gals.....  Love these two:)
Love this guy...


Briggs LOVED his smash cake.  That kid went to town.  Ate the whole darn thing.  I just knew that Slade and Lindz were going to be cleaning vomit around 3:00 am, but NOT this first bday!  Briggs ate it ALL and kept it down.....  WOOHOO!


Getting down to business.  First sugar EVER folks.  I think he liked it.


Sunday we all hung out with our Starbucks, Diet DP's, Dandy's doughnuts and yep, you called it, leftover ribs and fajitas for lunch.  

DeDe and the crazy kids.  Protecting MJ with her life!

  Like father, like son....




Watching Adam and Tiger...

Bebo and Briggsy being silly

It was a sad good-bye, but I held it together better than I thought.  Brad was so glad.  

Let's talk about the Sunday after our wedding.  Sharon and I said our good-byes in the Abuelo's parking lot.  You would have thought my left arm, four teeth, and right foot had all been cut off.  It was ugly folks....  I mean U-G-L-Y.  Heaving, nasty, snot-dripping crying en route to Lubbock Municipal Airport.  Brad sweetly just rubbed my leg silently and was probably thinking, "Is is too late to call this thing off?  Do you think she will notice if I drop her and her luggage off and head for the hills?"

Family is everything to me.  I love these people so much it hurts.  We have all had our issues, been through frustrating times, happy times, times that humble us, times that maybe we've screamed at each other, slammed a couple doors, but we have always loved each other endlessly.  Never a dull moment with the Hodges/Wainscott's. (Tried to get Brad to change his name to "Hodges" - He didn't bite.) - Kidding...

Love All~

H





No comments:

Post a Comment