Saturday, March 14, 2015

Back to the Grindstone...


Well, the time has come.  Back to work it is.  Gosh, the 9 weeks flew by so so fast.  Even the 3:00 am wake-up hunger calls have flown by.  I have super mixed feelings about going back to work.  I am excited to see my kids at school, but don't really want to leave Ledger.  I wonder if my boss would know if Ledger just sat in his car seat under my desk all day?  He loves a carseat and a dark place (hence, the garage).  And starting Monday is the dreaded LOUISIANA STATE TESTING!  PARCC it is, my Texas STAAR people. 

I went up to school Thursday to see my sweet kids and to introduce them to Ledger!  We talked about him and how ginormous my belly got each passing day for 4 months, so I was dying for the kids to meet him.  You would have thought I brought each one of them a 100 dollar bill.  The screams, shrills, "ooohhhhs" and "aaaahhhhs" were out of control!  It was so sweet to hear them talk to Ledger.  He was asleep when we first got there, but after about 5 minutes of 21 nine yr olds screaming and chomping at the bit to see his eyes, he woke up real fast.  

I have been gone 9 weeks and are some of the first things I heard.....


"I just knew Ledger would have hair like mine, Mrs. Wainscott!"
"I got a dog Mrs. Wainscott."
"My mom had her baby, but didn't name it 'Kitty Kat' like I wanted..."
"Look at my braces Mrs. Wainscott. They are Mardi Gras colors."

And hands down the funniest....

"My mom quit her diet and stopped working out Mrs. Wainscott.  Yeah, she's still got her chubby belly."

Wouldn't parents die if they knew what their lovelies told me.  And on the other end, I don't even want to know what the homefronts hear about me!:)

 Happy Two Months L!

He has grown so so much. Those rolls.....   I cannot tell you how much I love this little bundle of all boy!  He is starting to smile and coo all the time.  We finally have a routine down of eating, napping and sleeping - THANK YOU JESUS!  And what do you know....  right before Mom goes back to work, we have mastered the schedule- Seriously?

Just some random thoughts:

I took a glance at my dishwasher the other night.  Is this sad or what?  No plates in the dishwasher, but there is always a plethora of wine glasses used in this post-baby, non sleeping household.

We are going to miss our daily walks with our gfriend Greta...

Well hello cheeks....We love our Texas Tech onesie and cannot wait for football season!  
Thanks Beverly and Sallie:)

Happy St. Patty's Day (a couple days early)

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. Trying to soak up every last minute with this little guy before heading to work bright and early Monday morning.  Well, maybe not every minute...  

Going to try and talk Dad into doing the 2-3 am feeding tonight.  Maybe I could butter him up by cooking an amazing dinner or go the "I don't feel well honey" route!  

I like the sick route better...


Love,


~H


 




No comments:

Post a Comment