Wednesday, April 16, 2014

French Quarter Festival & The Pink Predicament...



It is amazing how many festivals New Orleans has!  I have never seen anything like it…  This city knows how to have a great time!  There were two festivals this weekend that we (I) wanted to go to:  The French Quarter Festival and the Ponchatoula Strawberry Festival in Ponchatoula, LA.  I had heard so many people talk about the French Quarter Festival and I thought it would be fun.  The problem was steering my husband away from the Master’s Saturday afternoon, but I guess I caught him at a weak moment because he agreed to go!   The weather was perfect and we were off.

It did help out that we parked at the Progressive Warehouse and hitched a ride in one of these gems right up to the riverfront!  Talk about service!

 Thanks Benny!


 People were everywhere and the people watching was a SCENE! I am a people-watching fool and this venue did not disappoint.  Fabulous food, drinks, all types of music, etc…


 SO many different stages of music!

Shrimp cakes and boiled shrimp.

I feel so old!
 
After about three hours of “festivalling it”, Brad was done.  He had had all the music, crawfish bread, and Abita Beer he could handle.  What a fun experience it was!  

Love this guy...



One of the most embarrassing things in my teaching career happened to me yesterday.

My students have individual white boards that they work on during Math instruction on the carpet.  I use old, mismatched socks for erasers that the kids provided at the beginning of the year – (Trying to save trees…  See I can be environmental).  Anyway, I had taken the entire bag of socks home Friday to wash them because they were covered in Expo.  Yesterday morning, my student helper for the week (a little boy who is about as innocent as a little lamb), went and got the big Ziploc bag full of the socks and started passing them out to the kids on the carpet.  All of a sudden, one of my students started screaming and I turned around to see quite a SIGHT….  Yep, a pair of my pink panties were laying right there on his left hand!  I ABOUT DIED!  I swear it took me 3 long, grueling years (in slow-motion) to SPRINT across the room and yank THEM out of his hand (He was playfully holding them up for the rest of the 9 year olds to take notice...  Thanks dude.)

Oh.my.LORD.... The kids went NUTS, total mayhem broke out with uncontrollable laughter and shrieks, and then some started chanting “Mrs. Wainscott wears pink panties!”  

It was like a BAD, BAD dream...  All 21 of us had the "everyone wears underwear/panty chat" in order to try to diffuse the situation.  Didn't work as well as I had hoped (due to the endless amount of giggles for the next hour), but I tried.

Wouldn't you have loved to been a fly on the wall in those households last night?  Sigh...

Note to self - Never mix personal laundry with the sock erasers.

Have a great rest of the week!  8 hours tomorrow and Spring Break has ARRIVED....  Can I get an AMEN!


Love,


~H

No comments:

Post a Comment