Monday, November 18, 2013

Birthdays....

What a fun weekend it was to have Brad's mom Debra in town!  She flew in on Friday and we were so excited to see her.  We haven't seen her since the wedding, so it was time for a visit!

It was a weekend FULL OF COMPLETE GLUTTON!  Why do I feel like I have to eat, eat and eat when visitors come into town?  As I eat breakfast and I always wonder where to take them for dinner - RIDICULOUS! - I blame it completely on Louisiana and the DELICIOUS food here!

Friday night we went to Zea's here in the burbs...  If you don't know about Zea's you should.  (Sorry Texas friends....)  Holy moly - two word..... CHEESE GRITS.  I could eat my weight in these things.  I could bathe in this dish.  Simply heaven.....  Do not even want to know the nutritional value of these puppies! 


Saturday was a full day starting with breakfast at our favorite spot in Covington and then into NOLA.... 

Walking around, shopping, and the WW2 Museum.  (Just what Brad wanted to do I am sure - on his BDAY.  He was a great sport!) - What a great museum!  The actual museum was good, but we all three loved the documentary "Beyond All Boundaries" narrated by Tom Hanks.  It was a 4-D movie/documentary about the war of all wars....  It was simply amazing!  

 Brunch with his two favorite women!



 WW2 Museum
Train Station Replica


Love this guy...





After all the museum fun and non-football watching Brad could handle, we walked all the way to Jackson Square for dinner at Muriel's.  On the way, I saw this debacle......  INSANE!

The Grand Opening for the new H&M in New Orleans.  Ummmm - there is NO WAY that anything in that store is worth standing in a line like that.  Negative....  It looked like a complete zoo!  

Love the balconies...   
Happy Birthday Brad and Debra (11/19) - I am so sneaky...

And to the end the night, I kicked some bootie in the Logo Game! Is it bad that I love beating my husband.  Love.it...  We are both so competitive and I rarely win.  He is the worst loser ever - a guy thing? - I think so.  He said "You got all the easy cards".....  Always something folks...  Girls dominated some Brad - WOOHOO!

What a great birthday weekend and so happy Debra was here to celebrate, eat, visit, shop, and eat some more.

Have a great week all - 4 more days - that statement makes me oh so happy!

Love,

~H


No comments:

Post a Comment