Thursday, August 15, 2013

Well.... Here we go!

Hi there!  Post #1....  Where in the world does one begin? 

Well, Brad and I have been married for 32 days!  WOOHOO! - Between moving, setting up house,  starting a NEW teaching job, at a NEW school, in a NEW grade, I feel as though we were married a year ago! Brad's company recently bought a smaller company here on the Northshore, so he has been super busy as well.  We see each other about 2 hours a night - if we are lucky!  Ha! - It feels like FOREVER since July 13th, 2013.....  My, my how life changes after that one special Saturday night!




Let's talk about merging our belongings!  WOW - I knew this was going to be an adjustment, but whew!  I have never lived with anyone (man) - so this is a new ballgame!  Brad tends to be on the "more relaxed" way of living and I am a "neat freak, anal retentive, control freak, etc."  We have only had a couple "come to Jesus chats" about our fun, little differences....  One Sunday afternoon, before one of our little "chats", I might of had to go run at 2:30 pm, with a temp of 90 degrees with at least 90% humidity....  One does crazy things when stressed out!  I think Brad was glad I got out of his hair for that hour...

I am totally in LOVE with my husband, BUT Brad is a shopper.  I mean "s-h-o-p-p-e-r."  I despise it.  I hate to be in a mall, store, etc for more than 15 minutes.  I am the kind of shopper that knows what she wants, parks, goes in, tries it on, purchases it and DONE!  Not my beloved.... He looks, looks, looks some more, tries on, thinks some more, you get the drift!  I usually end up in the car.  Yep - Talk about a role reversal...  Note to self - Never go with Brad shopping unless you have a good 3 hours! My girlfriend Ralna would be a perfect match for Brad.  You wouldn't see those two for hours upon hours.... 




Louisiana, oh where do I start?  Such a beautiful state, and we love our city (more like a town) -  BUT - A whole different ball game than Dallas.  People talk slower, walk slower and drive slower....  Dallas is like a rat race; everyone always having to get somewhere and rushing to get there!  EVERYONE!  In South LA, everyone is so friendly and wants to have a 15+ minute conversation with you regardless if you are at Sonic, the post office or in a conversation with a new co-worker.  If you know me, you know that my patience is pretty much non-existent.  Zero, zilch, none.....  God works in funny ways you know.  I am learning (slowly) to slow down and take the time to enjoy the simple things.....  (It's going to be a PROCESS.)  Brad is super patient, so maybe some of that will rub off on me...Hmmm?

Ok - I leave with some pics of my new classroom and our gorgeous surroundings here in the "burbs"!





 My new 3rd grade classroom! - 





 My tree!  (Notice Lakewood buddies - I have 2, yes 2 AC units.  And I have control of them).  It's the little things....




 
Cubbies - No lockers for these kids.  All their stuff is in my room!  Lucky me.....
 
 


 When I got in my car last Friday morning, look what was sitting in the passenger seat!  My sweet, sweet husband is a rock star! What a great surprise on the first day!  It came with a bottle of wine, a massage gift certificate, Aleve, Benadryl, and a box of my favs... Jr. Mints!  Don't worry - I didn't take the wine to school. 


Louisiana Living so far.....













 And last but not least....



Love All~

H









 

3 comments:

  1. And let the record show that I was your very first comment!!! Ha! Welcome to the blog world. #1-Well you did live with Amy's human/dog, so that might count a little #2-I could shop with Brad #3-Perhaps God is testing you with patience thing bc of children in your future...Example-I paid a house cleaner today and in the first 5 minutes of walking in the door, we spilled chips, chicken, and Gunnar peed in the kitchen chair and ran into the floor. Patience is a virtue, My Dear! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. So proud of you girlie!! I am one of your newest followers!!! Can't wait to read your adventures!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yaya! I just saw these!!! WOOHOO! Oh CheyAnne you make me LAUGH! Thanks Tessa!!!!

    ReplyDelete