Sunday, August 18, 2013

City Fix

Brad surprised me with a little "staycation" in New Orleans this weekend.  We left right after lunch on Saturday - I was thrilled!!!

We were BOTH needing some definite city time... Yes I know that I am from small, cow town America - but after living in Dallas the past 7 years, I think of myself as a "city" girl.  I like droves of people, small traffic jams, hearing sirens at 3:00 am, fast drivers, weird/odd looking people, and etc...  None of that here in the burbs. Just peace and quiet.  I am sure I will grow to love it - one day. 

We first stopped by our hotel to drop off our things - Hotel Indigo!  Oh my.  It was amazing.  Very modern and eclectic....  We could have moved right on in.  It was like Z Gallerie on crack. 










We then headed to the French Quarter to do some shopping (my fave).  We walked around the charming streets and then headed over to Bourbon to take in the sites and weird people....  The weather was amazing - mid 70's and overcast.  A perfect afternoon!




 Love these guys that do this.  He did not budge!!




Neither did this guy...  




 Have no words for this guy.  Yes I said "guy".





 Brad had made dinner reservations at Mr. John's.  Neither one of us had been there - and WOW!  We will definitely be back!  If you are ever in NOLA - this is a must.  A quiet steakhouse in the Garden District.  One thing about Brad and I, we love to eat!  We love restaurants.  AND 90% of the time we base where we will dine if the restaurant has a caprese salad on the menu.  (Tomato mozzarella if you are not up on the lingo).  We eat it at least twice a week.  Mr. Tom's caprese salad is on our top 5 EVER; fresh, cold tomatoes, soft, salty mozzarella, smooth olive oil and balsamic vinegar and the best pesto I have ever eaten.  I could go on and on, but I'll spare you.




Heaven.... 



 Don't judge...  We shared!



Crab and Andouille Sausage Mac and Cheese...  


We then headed to Harrah's.  Oh boy - that was a JOY!  Let's just say - Harrah's made some cash off my husband.

Ended the weekend up this morning with a delicious brunch at Dante's.  Hello - Carb overload.  It was great.  A cozy, little spot close to the Tulane campus.....  I'll let the pics do the talking - 



 Ladies and Gentlemen - That is a biscuit.  HOLY MOLY!  



 After the biscuit, I thought I needed this little migas burrito.  Not weighing tomorrow....



Food coma....


Ok - Enough playing tourist and back to being Mrs. Wainscott tomorrow.  Reality calls.

Love All~
H   

No comments:

Post a Comment