Monday, September 15, 2014

Football, Friends and Fun...

This past weekend, Brad and I traveled to Lubbock, mainly to see some of our closest friends and for the Texas Tech vs. Arkansas football game FIASCOOh Lordie - It was UGLY, but we sure had a great time.  It will probably our last time to see a football game pre Baby Wainscott, so we booked this weekend in July and at last it was here (And I was more than DELIGHTED to have a 4-day week).

 Ugly loss...  But at least we have this eye-candy of a coach to look at when the score goes south...

Brad and I both went to Texas Tech, but oddly enough did not know each other during our time in Lubbock.  I lived there for 9 years and Brad was there for 3.  I guess God knew the timing wasn't right, and made us wait a little longer (like 6 more years to be exact).  Thank the Lord...I was in no place to meet my husband at that point in my life...  Wild, care-free, and girlfriends....WHEW - Brad would have ran for the hills:)

We stayed with our friends Brian and Lindley!  We love Team Herring and they were my first friends to meet Brad in Dallas; an awesome double date just one week in to be exact.  Didn't waste anytime introducing B to everyone.  Six months before we made the trek to Louisiana, they moved back to good old "Hub City."

 Can I get an AMEN?!?!  You have no idea until you live in Southeast Louisiana... 

Sweet lil Cameron

Tess ready to cheer on the Red Raiders!  Obviously she didn't cheer loud enough:)

A glimpse of our future Saturday mornings; Gameday on ESPN with all the plethora of kid contraptions spread clear across the living room. 

 This chick is definitely the hostess with the mostess.

Saturday morning some of my closest girlfriends threw me a brunch at the Lubbock Country Club.  What a nice surpise!  So we headed out to the LCC, while the guys went and started tailgating early.  

They even ordered a gorgeous centerpiece for our table...

 Love these ladies so much!  Talk about non-stop laughter... I thought I might go into labor.

It  became super real unwrapping these darling outfits and some of my things that I have registered for.  HOLY.COW.  All this fun stuff plus my car seat and base, sound machine, and one of my play mats for Baby W will be shipped to LA this week!  Completely overjoyed and so thankful.  

Our Dallas buds Joe and Danna

Two of the best ever!

Quick girl pic at the tailgate

One twin and Christy...

REUNITED at last with both twins and both "sisters"....  Always fun hanging with the "Six!"

And yes, had to hit up my favorite Lubbock eateries before leaving on Sunday....  Dear lord, I think I gained 10 lbs.  

 Frozen heaven...

There are just no words of my love for this establishment...

 One more sad goodbye at the airport!  Love this sweet and FUNNY girl.

What an amazing weekend with friends and family....  So happy to have another city to call  "home" that Brad and I love so dearly...  

Next stop Dallas in October!

Happy Monday All...  

Love,


~H
 







 

No comments:

Post a Comment