Wednesday, February 19, 2014

V-Day, Flowers and An Antelope...

I think I am just now coming down off the annual sugar-high from Valentine's....  OH.MY.WORD....  Something about Valentine's Day gets children RILED UP like no other.  They get more excited about Valentine's Day than Christmas, their own birthday and just about any other holiday.   Last Friday, some teachers limited their student's candy intake to one or two pieces and sent the rest of it home to enjoy....

But not this teacher!  IT was pretty much a free-for-all the last 30 minutes of school.  Hey - They were going home to Mom and Dad!  Sorry parents.....

WILD....  BUT - it is so fun to watch their enthusiastic, sweet faces pass out there v-day cards, tattoos, suckers, and the one and only, the most BELOVED candy by the kids - The ever-so-popular FUN DIP. 

I mean who would think the trifecta of blue, red, and green granular powder served handily with a hard, sugary stick to lap up the "crazy crack" would bring such complete bliss and utter perfection to a 9 year old's life???

Kid Crack....

This week has been Teacher Appreciation Week at my elementary school.  What fun!

Full of breakfasts and lunches for us teachers, along with handmade cards, sweet treats and flowers from our students.  Today some kids brought individual flowers for me.  I put them all together!  They were so excited to help me arrange the loot into the vases, dump in the flower food, and add a penny... (Yes, I read on Pinterest recently that you should throw a penny into a vase full of flowers.....)  The theory: The copper can act as a natural antibacterial agent.  Ok - whatever that means, but worth a try!

Beautiful

Last but not least, by favorite thing about this week (other than a week off of grad. school) - My new, favorite book...



OH.MY - This book has completely consumed me.  I.Adore.It and cannot put it down!  Nearly done with it.  

It is both a touching and hilarious look at the ups & downs of being married to someone who is both your best friend and your polar opposite! Wise and hilarious comments on the joys, tears, and everything in between about marriage and life in general.  I love that she incorporates her faith into the book leaving no doubt that's the most important part of her marriage...  

Girls - Run now and go get this BOOK!  


Cannot believe it is Wednesday already.  

7 days left for us lucky Louisianans until Mardi Gras Break.  



Yep, my fellow Texans - Teachers in South Louisiana get BOTH a Mardi Gras week long break and Spring Break in April... 

Can I get an AMEN?!

Have a wonderful rest of the week.

Love,


~H







No comments:

Post a Comment